Sign in to follow this  
Damethedude

Changing the minds of the masses!!

3 minutes ago, res308 said:

Did not know that. Makes sense. 

Personally, a necked down 10mm, (not shortened), would seem to render a true .357 Magnum ballistics. I'd be into that just for the :poop: and giggles of it!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Personally, a necked down 10mm, (not shortened), would seem to render a true .357 Magnum ballistics. I'd be into that just for the :poop: and giggles of it!

I believe 9x25 Dillon might be the thing but it's not exactly being produced by anyone that I know of.

I love these recurring threads in search of the holy grail. Been a while since we had one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raoul said:

I love these recurring threads in search of the holy grail. Been a while since we had one.

Not sure if a Grail, but when I saw one review refer to it as a hipster round, I was all in.

It is nichey, just like .357 mag for SD. For my hipster persona, my 224 is the modern, quick reload version of my 3" SP101. 

I am also very impressed with the pistol shooting the round, so that is my only point of reference.

Being thrifty, it's not wallet friendly, though the Sig brand of ammo is about the cheapest of the shelf I've seen (SMKW)

• Like 1

I'm afraid my hipster persona has abandoned me in favor of my grouchy old man approaching incontinence persona.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

I'm afraid my hipster persona has abandoned me in favor of my grouchy old man approaching incontinence persona.

TMI!!

29 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

TMI!!

Note that I said approaching. No need for a diaper drve yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

I'd like to try that out for sure. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 6:06 PM, Quavodus said:

Theres a lot of good calibers that for some reason just don't make the grade. One that I thought was a good idea is the .41 Action Express. It worked in a gun that could change from 9 mm. Two calibers in the same gun.

True!  That's crazy I never heard of the .41 Action Express.... would have been nice to trying it out. 

I think the only gun I ever remember the .41 AE being chambered in was the Desert Eagle.  I always wanted one of those kits with 2 frames and barrels in 9mm, .357, .41, .44 and .50.  Not practical but always thought they were cool.

1 hour ago, Damethedude said:

True!  That's crazy I never heard of the .41 Action Express.... would have been nice to trying it out. 

I had never heard of it until I had a piece of the brass get mixed in with some similar sized and shaped brass.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:52 AM, Damethedude said:

How can we convince major gun companies that the .357 sig is not a dying caliber and is an amazing round that is in a league of it's own when compared to other stout rounds, also convince more major gun manufacturers to start producing the gun again in multiple variations to appease their loyal gun community.  THESE GUNS WILL SALE!!!🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑JUST MAKE EM ALREADY!

windmills.jpg?w=640

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am not totally on board with the premise it's a dying caliber. It would have to have been popular at some point. Its always been a niche and not widely adopted. Fact is only true enthusiasts, LEO, and industry know much about it. Its fair to say that 40 cal. is dying and recently in disfavor, and it does seem their fates are tied together by platforms that are a simple barrel swap. Sig is discontinuing some 40 platforms, but in some cases retaining the 357 barreled version for example.

No doubt 40's where the gateway for many many who discovered it, While it wont die, it wont get more popular unless you employ methods to drive masses.

The reality is the vast numbers of the buying public are not knowledgeable (and not members of gun boards). They do not, or simply refuse to do research to find out the truth. Sad as it may be, today those masses prefer info and believe what is spoon fed to them via facebook, twitter and youtube.  That is how you get uneducated masses to do things they never know they should be doing.

So you need a to make a presence, or get a media maker to campaign where these masses reside and spend their time.

Whiskey as an anology. 6-8 years ago I could go into any Total Wine and see cases of many of Buffalo Trace's high end Bourbons @ $80. I use to get a bottles of Pappy or Staggs 18 once every quarter or so. They could not sell it.  The bearded man-bunned Millennials had no clue what it was as they KNEW it was all about Tequila (Much like 40 cal was for 20 years). Then some media makers and Hollywood decided Tequila was out and it was all about Whiskey variants. You started seeing it in TV and movies. Now you can pretty much only source those online @ 4x to 10x that cost, or have the secret hook up. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, Erich said:

I am not totally on board with the premise it's a dying caliber. It would have to have been popular at some point. Its always been a niche and not widely adopted. Fact is only true enthusiasts, LEO, and industry know much about it. Its fair to say that 40 cal. is dying and recently in disfavor, and it does seem their fates are tied together by platforms that are a simple barrel swap. Sig is discontinuing some 40 platforms, but in some cases retaining the 357 barreled version for example.

No doubt 40's where the gateway for many many who discovered it, While it wont die, it wont get more popular unless you employ methods to drive masses.

The reality is the vast numbers of the buying public are not knowledgeable (and not members of gun boards). They do not, or simply refuse to do research to find out the truth. Sad as it may be, today those masses prefer info and believe what is spoon fed to them via facebook, twitter and youtube.  That is how you get uneducated masses to do things they never know they should be doing.

So you need a to make a presence, or get a media maker to campaign where these masses reside and spend their time.

Whiskey as an anology. 6-8 years ago I could go into any Total Wine and see cases of many of Buffalo Trace's high end Bourbons @ $80. I use to get a bottles of Pappy or Staggs 18 once every quarter or so. They could not sell it.  The bearded man-bunned Millennials had no clue what it was as they KNEW it was all about Tequila (Much like 40 cal was for 20 years). Then some media makers and Hollywood decided Tequila was out and it was all about Whiskey variants. You started seeing it in TV and movies. Now you can pretty much only source those online @ 4x to 10x that cost, or have the secret hook up. 

Very well said you had great info that helped out tremendously.