Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Damethedude

Changing the minds of the masses!!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, res308 said:

Did not know that. Makes sense. 

Personally, a necked down 10mm, (not shortened), would seem to render a true .357 Magnum ballistics. I'd be into that just for the :poop: and giggles of it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Personally, a necked down 10mm, (not shortened), would seem to render a true .357 Magnum ballistics. I'd be into that just for the :poop: and giggles of it!

I believe 9x25 Dillon might be the thing but it's not exactly being produced by anyone that I know of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love these recurring threads in search of the holy grail. Been a while since we had one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raoul said:

I love these recurring threads in search of the holy grail. Been a while since we had one.

Not sure if a Grail, but when I saw one review refer to it as a hipster round, I was all in.

It is nichey, just like .357 mag for SD. For my hipster persona, my 224 is the modern, quick reload version of my 3" SP101. 

I am also very impressed with the pistol shooting the round, so that is my only point of reference.

Being thrifty, it's not wallet friendly, though the Sig brand of ammo is about the cheapest of the shelf I've seen (SMKW)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid my hipster persona has abandoned me in favor of my grouchy old man approaching incontinence persona.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raoul said:

I'm afraid my hipster persona has abandoned me in favor of my grouchy old man approaching incontinence persona.

TMI!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

TMI!!

Note that I said approaching. No need for a diaper drve yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Personally, a necked down 10mm, (not shortened), would seem to render a true .357 Magnum ballistics. I'd be into that just for the :poop: and giggles of it!

I'd like to try that out for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2018 at 6:06 PM, Quavodus said:

Theres a lot of good calibers that for some reason just don't make the grade. One that I thought was a good idea is the .41 Action Express. It worked in a gun that could change from 9 mm. Two calibers in the same gun.

True!  That's crazy I never heard of the .41 Action Express.... would have been nice to trying it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only gun I ever remember the .41 AE being chambered in was the Desert Eagle.  I always wanted one of those kits with 2 frames and barrels in 9mm, .357, .41, .44 and .50.  Not practical but always thought they were cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damethedude said:

True!  That's crazy I never heard of the .41 Action Express.... would have been nice to trying it out. 

I had never heard of it until I had a piece of the brass get mixed in with some similar sized and shaped brass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 12:52 AM, Damethedude said:

How can we convince major gun companies that the .357 sig is not a dying caliber and is an amazing round that is in a league of it's own when compared to other stout rounds, also convince more major gun manufacturers to start producing the gun again in multiple variations to appease their loyal gun community.  THESE GUNS WILL SALE!!!🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑JUST MAKE EM ALREADY!

windmills.jpg?w=640

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not totally on board with the premise it's a dying caliber. It would have to have been popular at some point. Its always been a niche and not widely adopted. Fact is only true enthusiasts, LEO, and industry know much about it. Its fair to say that 40 cal. is dying and recently in disfavor, and it does seem their fates are tied together by platforms that are a simple barrel swap. Sig is discontinuing some 40 platforms, but in some cases retaining the 357 barreled version for example.

No doubt 40's where the gateway for many many who discovered it, While it wont die, it wont get more popular unless you employ methods to drive masses.

The reality is the vast numbers of the buying public are not knowledgeable (and not members of gun boards). They do not, or simply refuse to do research to find out the truth. Sad as it may be, today those masses prefer info and believe what is spoon fed to them via facebook, twitter and youtube.  That is how you get uneducated masses to do things they never know they should be doing.

So you need a to make a presence, or get a media maker to campaign where these masses reside and spend their time.

Whiskey as an anology. 6-8 years ago I could go into any Total Wine and see cases of many of Buffalo Trace's high end Bourbons @ $80. I use to get a bottles of Pappy or Staggs 18 once every quarter or so. They could not sell it.  The bearded man-bunned Millennials had no clue what it was as they KNEW it was all about Tequila (Much like 40 cal was for 20 years). Then some media makers and Hollywood decided Tequila was out and it was all about Whiskey variants. You started seeing it in TV and movies. Now you can pretty much only source those online @ 4x to 10x that cost, or have the secret hook up. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, Erich said:

I am not totally on board with the premise it's a dying caliber. It would have to have been popular at some point. Its always been a niche and not widely adopted. Fact is only true enthusiasts, LEO, and industry know much about it. Its fair to say that 40 cal. is dying and recently in disfavor, and it does seem their fates are tied together by platforms that are a simple barrel swap. Sig is discontinuing some 40 platforms, but in some cases retaining the 357 barreled version for example.

No doubt 40's where the gateway for many many who discovered it, While it wont die, it wont get more popular unless you employ methods to drive masses.

The reality is the vast numbers of the buying public are not knowledgeable (and not members of gun boards). They do not, or simply refuse to do research to find out the truth. Sad as it may be, today those masses prefer info and believe what is spoon fed to them via facebook, twitter and youtube.  That is how you get uneducated masses to do things they never know they should be doing.

So you need a to make a presence, or get a media maker to campaign where these masses reside and spend their time.

Whiskey as an anology. 6-8 years ago I could go into any Total Wine and see cases of many of Buffalo Trace's high end Bourbons @ $80. I use to get a bottles of Pappy or Staggs 18 once every quarter or so. They could not sell it.  The bearded man-bunned Millennials had no clue what it was as they KNEW it was all about Tequila (Much like 40 cal was for 20 years). Then some media makers and Hollywood decided Tequila was out and it was all about Whiskey variants. You started seeing it in TV and movies. Now you can pretty much only source those online @ 4x to 10x that cost, or have the secret hook up. 

 

Very well said you had great info that helped out tremendously.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Joe86
      Matched air of Colt Derringers in Colt presentation case
      Consecutive serial numbers. Case in very good condition. 22 short.
      Purchased by my mother in 1961. Both have probably been fired 10- 20 times each when new. Cleaned and not fired since.
      IMO, collectors’ guns not for generally shooting or carry.
      Looking for $400 OBO.
      I’m in East Nashville but will meet within 25 miles.
      More pictures available on request. If you want more pictures please send me you email address.
      Thanks for taking the time to review my ad.




    • By SonnyCrockett
      https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Taurus-gun-facility-will-bring-300-jobs-to-Bainbridge-564358211.html
       
      300+ jobs too.  I cant wait to own one that says MADE IN THE USA on it
    • By ken_mays
      I visited the range and put about 250 rounds through the 92X Performance.
      The trigger measures about 6.5# in DA and 3.3 # in SA.   Weight of the gun without a magazine is 2 lbs, 13 oz.
      The reliability was perfect with both included magazines.   I was shooting reloads, 115gr Brazos coated LRN atop 4.6gr Titegroup.   Accuracy of this load in this gun was mediocre, about 2" at 15 yards.   I didn't have any other ammo with me to test with.  I don't know if they had any special accuracy requirements for this gun; I did detect slight movement of the muzzle when the barrel is in battery, so that's not great.
      Shooting impressions:  Sights provided a good picture.  I'm going to nitpick the front fiber sight a bit and say that the fiber was placed higher than I like.  I'm used to Dawsons, which are easier to align vertically.  I found myself looking for the top of the black front sight to get alignment for precise shots, only to find glowing dot there.  So I'll probably replace that.   The rear sight was easy to adjust, I had to dial it a few clicks up and over to get my hits where I wanted.
      I disliked the "gas pedal" style takedown lever.   It's only large enough to get maybe half the tip of my thumb onto it, and the edges and corner are far too sharp for comfort.  I'm going to look into swapping it out for a standard 92 part.  I shot most of the time with my thumb underneath it.
      I also wasn't fond of the slide stop's angled tab.  Its proximity to the safety lever and its downward rake of the tab meant it was more difficult to find and hit than it should have been.  I'm not really sure why they didn't use a standard 92 part; maybe they were worried that people who ride the safety would accidentally hold it down with the tip of their thumb.
      The thumb safety was OK: it had a good tension on and off, and the extended "shelf" was easily reached by the thumb, although I would have preferred it to extend further back.  Beretta says they will offer 3 different sizes of safety lever, but I haven't been able to find out what they look like yet.
      The safety did make slide manipulation a bit more of a challenge than I'm used to on 92s.  Between the location of the serrations (low on the slide) and the prominent safety levers, it makes grabbing the "sweet spot" more of a challenge -- if you grab too low, your fingers will be blocked by the safety.   I'm glad they included forward serrations, they're probably going to see a lot of use on this gun.
      The frame serrations were a bit of a help, but not what I'd call sharp enough to be really useful, and the slick nickel/tin finish wasn't helpful here.  I would skateboard tape over the frontstrap if I were going to do much competing with it... not that such a heavy gun is all that hard to hang onto in 9mm, but I like my grip to be locked in.
      The built-in mag funnel was well done.  No lanyard loop, and it looks like you can get to the mainspring housing pin without taking the grips off. I thought the beavertail might prove to be a problem due to its sharp corners, but that was pretty much a non-issue.


The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines