Where to get fingerprinted with ink

Does anyone know where I can go to get the prints done the old-school way? I'm trying to renew my Florida permit and they are making me send back fingerprints on paper. I've called several places but they only offer the method where they are scanned. 

thanks 

• Admin Team
16 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Seriously?

I was as surprised as anyone.

Last time I needed actual cards as a part of adjudication on clearance stuff - they were the only ones who could do it. There was some non-standard card that was needed or something if I remember right.

Now, to the rest of the story - there was no one there who actually knew how to take a set of prints.  I offered to take my own - knew that old Fingerprinting merit badge would come in handy one day.  It was finally decided that the director was the only one who had ever taken prints.  He came and did it - and showed a few staff members how to do it.

Needless to say, it was a bizarre experience.

3 hours ago, Garufa said:

Can't scanned fingerprints be printed on a paper fingerprint card?  According to FLA's website, even they scan them.

That's interesting. I was not aware. LCSO was very reluctant to help me when I called yesterday. She insisted they don't fingerprint for carry permits but I explained it was for a FL permit and she suddenly changed her mind.  Some UPS Stores offer that service but the nearest one is in Powell. I'd like to find another place that can scan them onto the card like you mention. 

Edited by Erik88
15 minutes ago, Moped said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you need a Florida HCP?  They recognize Tennessee's HCP.  Just making sure I understand.  We are going on vacation there next month and I want to make sure that I am following the Law.

You're fine with a TN permit. I'm going to renew just in case we ever move back. The job market for my field isn't great here Knoxville. It's worth the money to avoid the hassle later. It's good for 7 years and a lot can happen in that time. 

3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

You're fine with a TN permit. I'm going to renew just in case we ever move back. The job market for my field isn't great here Knoxville. It's worth the money to avoid the hassle later. It's good for 7 years and a lot can happen in that time. 

What field are you in?

19 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Far left.  :devil:

Sorry but I couldn’t resist.  :D  Erik is not that at all.

Oh, I know! He's no more far left than you or I, though I dare say some here think all three of us are! :D  And they think OS is Chairman Mao! :D

• Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I doubt anyone cares but my Florida permit arrived yesterday. Apparently they have a very low bar for fingerprints. I'm amazed they accepted the ones I sent because they looked like they were done by a child. It took 2 months which is a lot longer than TN.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I doubt anyone cares but my Florida permit arrived yesterday. Apparently they have a very low bar for fingerprints. I'm amazed they accepted the ones I sent because they looked like they were done by a child. It took 2 months which is a lot longer than TN.

They can’t even count votes down there.  Something as complicated as looking at fingerprints probably blew somebody’s mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...