Kimber Micro Pistol

owejia

I've got one, base model.

Prefer shooting it with the extended mag (medium sized hands)

Mags are affordable.

Fit and finish are top notch.

Zero issues.

Trigger is pretty good at mimicing a 1911 even though hinged.

Kimber now offers an improved recoil spring and guide rod, I am still on the original (wire coil vs flat spring with diff rod and cheap to replace if I recall)

It fits a great carry niche for me both in height and weight.

I launched the safety plunger and spring, called Kimber, sent me one for free.

The extras of flared and lowered ejection port, beveled mag well, slightly melted edges (on mine) are all nice features.

With the flush mag it is the same height as a G26

IMG_20170831_171555413_HDR.jpg

Rural King has them on sale thru 29 th.  Need to go pick up some feed to wean calves with, cool and raining good time to go pick one up. Watched several you tube videos of the Kimber and everyone said they were very accurate. How does it fit for a pocket carry?

13 hours ago, owejia said:

Rural King has them on sale thru 29 th.  Need to go pick up some feed to wean calves with, cool and raining good time to go pick one up. Watched several you tube videos of the Kimber and everyone said they were very accurate. How does it fit for a pocket carry?

I ankle or back pocket carry, works well.

There was a thread on thin pocket holsters, I'd check it out for front pocket.

• 5 months later...

I love my micro 380. I like it so well that last month I purchased two micro 9 m m customs, to give my grandsons some day. Not even going to shoot them. I also got a striker 9mm for grandpa, with is in lay away.

I trust Kimber that much.

2 hours ago, Whisper said:

I have no use for a .380, but those Micro 9s are mighty tempting.  Their early bad reputation was concerning, but one of my brothers has one and it runs like a sewing machine, and is inexplicably accurate.  

The Kimber micro 9 mm is a beautiful gun, and I would love to carry it. But I got them as an investment to give to my grandsons some day.

I'm concerned about the hammer snagging on my shirt or on a piece of clothing trying to get it out of my holster. The reason I worried about that, in martial arts training that I was taught about 36 years ago, if a person is within 21 feet from you, and they rush you, you don't have time to pull a pistol. So I would never want to take a risk on a snag, so I bought a evo striker, so there is nothing to snag and I know if it is cocked without being obvious. Just saying. Having a bar for 15 years I have seen some pretty crazy stuff about 3 feet away.

Edited by Prybar