I lost my best friend

RC3

Today I lost my best friend of 13 years. It is surreal coming home and not having him greet you and follow you everywhere you go. Always trying to sneak food. And then having him pass away in your arms hearing how much I love him. I hoped this day would never come. And it came way too soon. I will always miss you Mario.

xVn0xuT.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

So sorry for your loss.  I know the feeling well, today is the one year anniversary of my Roxy passing.  Roxy was a daddy's girl, didn't like not being with me either.  Time will heal, but it's still a rough road to travel.  Best wishes. 

Believe me I know how bad that hurts. I lost my Kasey and the 1st anniversary is drawing near. October 23rd will be 1 year and it ripped my heart almost out of my chest.  I had Kasey from Bottle feeding her and 18 wonderful years and she is still with me thanks to all of the wonderful folks here. I had her cremated and was only able to do that because of folks here and I still can't thank them enough.  Take care of all  the great memories you have of Mario as that will keep him with you for ever. I'm very very sorry for your loss............😢

I was holding him and making him promisses I knew i never would be able to keep. I felt him fall sleep and then I felt his heart stop beating and his breathing stop. I still cant believe this. He was fine a few days ago and now he is gone. 

So so sorry to hear this.  I cry just thinking about the day I will lose mine...

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”

Will Rogers

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

Milan Kundera

• Like 1

I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I lost my best friend November 1, 2017 and it hurts to this day. What you get with a dog is unlike what you get with most humans - what you get is pure and genuine. Dogs are one of the greatest blessings God has bestowed on us. 

I don't know how you feel about this except the pain in your heart and that hollow feeling of loss. When I lost Kasey, friends told me to go adopt another best friend for one of the dog rescue centers. I kept telling myself I was not ready but in my heart I also kept telling myself that I have had a dog in my life since I was 6 years old. In Mid December I decided I would at least go and look at dogs in the rescue centers. Not really planning on actually getting one. Well I spent about a week going to different rescue centers interviewing dogs in the centers but I was not sure I would find the one special furry friend that would grab my heart. Well, I only had one more center in my area to check out so I went to see what they had. They showed me about 8 or 9 different dogs in the catagory I told them I wanted. They were all nice dogs and friendly but nothing that stood out. Then one of the girls went and got a dog that was not kept with the rest because of her shyness and brought her into the visiting room.  I knew instantly when we looked into each others eyes that She would be going home with me. I adopted her that evening and took her home. Meet Darby 

004.JPG

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2

Literally the hardest thing in the world someone will ever have to do! I am so sorry for your loss. I love Doxies. I had a Labaweiner who was 13 when we had to say goodbye. Auto Immune issues and a heart tumor made it time to do the "right thing". Toughest day ever was holding that little over stuffed sausage and saying good bye. I am really sorry you had to go through that. He was adorable. Nothing like a dapple!!

My condolences for your loss. While your wounds will heal, a scar will remain. Which is good. When you "touch" that scar, and remember the good days with Mario, you will realize that these little furballs have found a way to live on forever. Even if just in your heart and mind. He'll always be on your side.

15 minutes ago, RC3 said:

I got his ashes back and I have no idea what to do with them. I been avoiding coming home. All of this sucks.

My little Sassy is on the nightstand next to my bed and I have written instructions that she is to go into the box with me.  I too, am sorry for your loss.