My 80% 45 build.

xtriggerman

I haven't put together a 1911 in quite a few years. Back in 1982 I was asked to put together a 1911A1 production line by Doug Nickells who was the manager of Auto Ordnance West Hurley at the time.  George Numrich had a crap load of GI 1911 parts across the drive way at Numrich Arms. So after we got the thousands of parts transferred over, I set up the tooling to get the Essex frames and slides fit with GI parts. Thus the Auto Ordnance 1911A1 was born in 82.  I have to say, Fridays was the best work day of my life! All I did for the day was test fire the week's production run.  4600 1911A1's went threw my hands up until I quit in late 83.  Yup, that was a neat job for sure.

Well any way, This thing started out as just a Springfield armory Champion barrel and slide from "everygunpart.com" . GB had nice SS commander 80% frames for $144 and the rest of the parts came from mostly Ebay. I wanted a nice flashy piece for a change so after everything was fit to working order, I put a mirror finish on the side flats and glass bead blasted all the outer contor edges. The frame rails are +- .002 with the slide for a start then hand fit over what ever slide warp there was.  A fun project that should print fairly well to boot! The first shot you can see me holding the camera and my red tee shirt while in the second shot, it just refects the white ceiling.

GP6zCYjl.jpg

tZ0kslQl.jpg

• Like 6
  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.