Maryland distribution center shooting

DaveTN

What is GODS name posesses a person to do things like this??? Pissed off because you lost a job is not a reason to just got back to work place and begin killing people. Just suck it up and go get another job. There are 1000's of them out there. Employers in all fields are begging for help and willing to train the right people.!!!!

7 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Are you sure? She “came out” in 2016. Wouldn’t her friends be calling her “He” if that was the case?

Quote from the article...I guess she's shooting<--(I know, bad analogy) for gender neutral..??

Authorities and court records identified Moseley as female, as did a Facebook profile in her name. But in Facebook messages Coley shared with The Baltimore Sun, Moseley described herself as transgender, although it was not clear whether Moseley preferred to be addressed using masculine or feminine pronouns.

In messages that the friend said were sent in December 2016, Moseley discussed beginning hormone treatment soon.

Edited by Someotherguy

So because she could not make up her/his mind whether he/she wanted to be a guy or a girl she thought taking a gun to a palce she worked and just shoot a bunch of people and then shoot yourself was going to help decide if she was a he or he was a she.  I guess I could see that driving a person crazy.

5 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I guess the liberal media decided they would rather protect gays than put the usual gun control spin on this shooting. 

As of 1312 this story is still on the front page of CNN and CBS. I had to scroll to the very bottom of Fox to find it. If anything this story got MORE coverage because it was done by a woman(?).  I've noticed the death toll typically influences how much these shootings are covered. There were were actually 3 "mass" shootings this week in less than 24 hours and they were all covered a lot less than than ones that involve more victims. That's a sad reality.

• Moderators

Lets all keep in mind the Diversity and Inclusion Thread.

Just as any of these events are, what happened in Maryland was tragic. However, lets keep the comments against trans people out of and off TGO. While anyone's personal beliefs could be for or against, the question we have to ask ourselves here at TGO is whether a trans person should feel welcome here at TGO.

Representing the 2nd Amendment community, I think the answer to that question should be a yes. If someone of any minority should decide to join TGO, they should feel welcome here. If they don't, we may very well push them straight towards the anti-gun community. We should be working to grow our numbers, not create an exclusive club where everyone agrees 100% with each other on all controversial issues.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Lets all keep in mind the Diversity and Inclusion Thread.

Just as any of these events are, what happened in Maryland was tragic. However, lets keep the comments against trans people out of and off TGO. While anyone's personal beliefs could be for or against, the question we have to ask ourselves here at TGO is whether a trans person should feel welcome here at TGO.

Representing the 2nd Amendment community, I think the answer to that question should be a yes. If someone of any minority should decide to join TGO, they should feel welcome here. If they don't, we may very well push them straight towards the anti-gun community. We should be working to grow our numbers, not create an exclusive club where everyone agrees 100% with each other on all controversial issues.

That is slippery slope is it not. In this case it is related to the topic at hand closely. There are a lot of studies of man vs woman shootings and there is truth in how the media portrays these. While a difficult topic it is relevant. I would say we should have nothing degrading by all means but that is true of any person or group. However, discussing all of the related issues to this shootinig is no different than any other is it not?

• Moderators
Just now, n0rlf said:

That is slippery slope is it not. In this case it is related to the topic at hand closely. There are a lot of studies of man vs woman shootings and there is truth in how the media portrays these. While a difficult topic it is relevant. I would say we should have nothing degrading by all means but that is true of any person or group. However, discussing all of the related issues to this shootinig is no different than any other is it not?

I didn't suggest not to discuss it, if someone is transgender that is a fact as much as being a male or female is fact. Facts of an event are relevant. However, my suggestion was to simply show respect instead of hate towards transgender people.