8mm Yugo Mausers

xsubsailor

This is one of those times it's best to buy in person.  If the bore is good and parts match, the price is good.

These old Yugo Mausers are well made.  As stated, many have seen very little use.  They are basically a German K98 copy.  The m48 and m48a are the same except for the use of stamped trigger guard, barrel bands, and other parts on the m48a.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Sunfish and I am a real Mauserholic. These guns that are being offered are intermediate length actions. That in itself does not make them bad if you have no desire to turn them into something they are not. They are large ring but there are very few stocks around that fit them. Any 98 in 8mm that is in decent shape will accomplish anything that a 30-06 will. The fact that they have been around as long as they have is a testament to their worth. Somehow the stuff that is being sold today probably won't pass the test of time. As stated above pot luck with guns that have had a corrosive life may not have the best bore. 

Some years back I purchased 2 Yugo Mauser rifles from Mitchell's. I know a lot of guys badmouth Mitchell's guns as not being historically correct. And while that may be true, they are beautiful rifles and excellent shooters. Mine came with bayonets, and all of the accessories. For what I paid, I really couldn't ask for more. I think they still have a few left. So if you're looking for a good clean shooter, you really can't go wrong. 

• Like 1

All of the 8mm Yugo Mausers that I’ve seen, and bought sight unseen, have been  completely covered in cosmoline and very well preserved. Many of them have seen little use and/or were armory refurbished and covered in cosmoline for long term storage. If I didn’t already have two or three of them plus several other 8mm Mausers, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of these...sight unseen (although the “fair” condition statement might give me cause to hesitate until I talked with someone at the retailer for clarification). 

Edited by LCPfraTN