VORTEX CROSSFIRE II 2X7 VARIABLE

The Vortex is very good for it's price point and should work well on the M1A. Ran one on my AR-10 for a short while, haven't had any issues with it and the glass is clear but I got to a point where I could afford an upgrade and wanted a higher power so I moved to a Nikon Monarch 5 in 3-15 x 42. I kept the Crossfire II and I'm currently running it on one of my AR-15s.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 7:20 PM, lshel said:

HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SCOUT SCOPE ON A M1A SCOUT OR SOCOM 16 OR ON AR10?

THE PRICE IS REASONABLE BUT MADE IN CHINA, BUT HAS GOOD WARRANTY. THANKS

I run the Vortex Crossfire II on my 308 rifle and it works perfectly. It's fully multi-coated lenses, making it the best 308 scope for big game hunting. On my Ar10, I run a Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12x40 for my close range shots. If you are looking for a close-to-mid-range shot with the Ar-10, I definitely highly recommend the Vortex Diamondback.

But to answer your first question, the Crossfire is definitely a scope worth purchasing. 

• Like 1

If it tells you anything, I've got 6 Vortex scopes. 3 Crossfires in the bunch. I've had to send 1 back for warranty repair (overtightened rings, my fault) & turnaround was 6 days & the scope was replaced.

Clarity is superb, reticle is precise & clear & while I wouldn't want to throw Amy of them from a moving train, my hunting rifles absolutely don't get babied. They're all scratched, dinged & scuffed & not a one of them has shifted zero.

• 3 weeks later...

I own a Vortex and I can't remember if it is a diamondback or a crossfire but its a smaller scope that I use on a 22 rifle.   I had to send it back because the turret came apart.  They took good care of me and returned my scope in short order.  

A good friend owns a first generation Viper and it is hazy around the edges at full magnification.  They claim its normal.  

Even though that is all of my personal experience with Vortex, I still think they make good stuff for the money and you can't really go wrong.