Ruger LCP II

tercel89

I've have had a Ruger LCP II in .380ACP for a few months now. Got it new and been carrying it in a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster. I got to say this is the easiest gun to carry that I ever had. Just put it in your front pocket and go. No big heavy gun belt and no belt holster. I've put 100 rds of American Eagle 95gr though it so far just to check function. So far so good. Big thumbs up ! It comes with the flush fit magazine plate and the "finger groove" plate. I use the flush fit one. This is a very good gun. I've only had one other .380 and that was a CZ83. Loved that gun and it ate any ammo but it was a bigger gun. This LCP is really neat and small.

IMG_3376.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

• Like 3

Have the original plus the desantis   nemesis holster.  Use a VersaCarry device with it occasionally.  Have shot it as a BUG in a match.  Certainly adequate but bigger guns much more fun, faster, and accurate.  But a great gun for its purpose.

11 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

I have the same setup, I just bought the II a couple of months ago but have had the original and the same holster for several years. The II is a nice improvement. I carry mine in my back pocket.

Is carrying in your back pocket comfortable, while sitting down? Hard to get to, if driving? Have not carried a wallet in my back pocket for 20 years always threw my back in a twist. Front pocket seems a better option for comfort. Just asking from some one with personal experience back pocket carrying> Thanks

8 hours ago, owejia said:

Is carrying in your back pocket comfortable, while sitting down? Hard to get to, if driving? Have not carried a wallet in my back pocket for 20 years always threw my back in a twist. Front pocket seems a better option for comfort. Just asking from some one with personal experience back pocket carrying> Thanks

I HAVE MINE IN MY FRONT POCKET. anything BIG IN THE REAR POCKET CAUSES BACK PAIN.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Which holster? I have a nemesis. Wouldn't mind something better

It’s a no name leather holster I picked up at Rural King, for $15 about a year ago. Has the hook on on the bottom that catches on the pocket as you pull it out. Works well!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Moped said:

It’s a no name leather holster I picked up at Rural King, for $15 about a year ago. Has the hook on on the bottom that catches on the pocket as you pull it out. Works well!

can you post a picture of that holster please ?

8 hours ago, tercel89 said:

can you post a picture of that holster please ?

This is it.  The only thing it says on It Made in Paraguay. 

Today I bought a Nemesis and a Fobus holster for the LCP.  The leather pocket holster will stay with my P32, more than likely.

C838E28B-9FA3-4BBD-A7E1-8E84EA850961.jpeg

Edited by Moped
  • Like 1
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Moped said:

This is it.  The only thing it says on It Made in Paraguay. 

Today I bought a Nemesis and a Fobus holster for the LCP.  The leather pocket holster will stay with my P32, more than likely.

C838E28B-9FA3-4BBD-A7E1-8E84EA850961.jpeg

Looks pretty neat ! Thnks for sharing

• Like 1
1 hour ago, smithra89 said:

I pocket carry a kel tec p3at on occasion. That Ruger looks to be much nicer. May have to consider upgrading at some point if the size difference is negligible 

The original LCP is a knockoff of the P3AT. It did have better fit and finish. But they ripped off the design from Keltec

• Like 2
On 10/1/2018 at 9:57 AM, owejia said:

I have a Keltec P3AT that I used to carry in my back pocket in a DeSantis Super Fly holster. It looked just like a wallet. I found it to be very comfortable and a very easy way to carry. My only concern was that it might eject the mag by sitting on it, although it never happened. I stopped using that setup only because my Keltec started developing some reliabilty issues, and that was my excuse to buy a G43 :)

I tried Undertech shorts for that and never looked back. Unbelievably easy and comfortable way to carry any size handgun, IMO.

11 hours ago, smithra89 said:

I pocket carry a kel tec p3at on occasion. That Ruger looks to be much nicer. May have to consider upgrading at some point if the size difference is negligible 

I have a P3AT and an LCP custom (not the LCP II). As Mike says, functionally they're identical. The Ruger is generally nicer to look at and to shoot, but it's also slightly bigger. I have a +1 mag for the LCP which contributes to both the bigger and nicer to shoot. 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:01 PM, mikegideon said:

The original LCP is a knockoff of the P3AT. It did have better fit and finish. But they ripped off the design from Keltec

The finish is really my only complaint with the Kel-Tec. Mine has some wear on the bluing of the slide (see pic). Several times in the past I have tried to order a parkerized replacement slide from Kel-Tec, but if I remember correctly it has been out of stock each time. 

On 10/12/2018 at 7:44 AM, peejman said:

I have a P3AT and an LCP custom (not the LCP II). As Mike says, functionally they're identical. The Ruger is generally nicer to look at and to shoot, but it's also slightly bigger. I have a +1 mag for the LCP which contributes to both the bigger and nicer to shoot. 

Do you notice the size difference without the +1 mag and carrying in your pocket?

IMG-1310.JPG

1 hour ago, smithra89 said:

Do you notice the size difference without the +1 mag and carrying in your pocket?

I've never carried it without the +1 mag, but always in my pocket. It's a little thicker and a little longer, but that only matters if I'm wearing more fitted clothes. 

• Like 1

Well I am into several weeks now carrying this LCPII in my front pocket and I gotta tell you that it is so comfortable that it is making a "lazy carrier" out of me. It makes me want to carry it rather than my usual Glock 30 or my other double stack guns on a belt holster or inside the pant holster. I'm gonna put another box of ammo through it this week . I really like it so far. When I got it I was between a Glock 36 and this LCPII just to buy with some extra money from my other job as a fun gun , I hated to risk the previous failures of the 36 so I got this LCP II. Worked out great . Galco makes a leather pocket holster which I like but they want like $60 for it so I'll stick with the DeSantis Super Fly . I like leather for the sake of having leather but the DeSantis is purely function which is great ! A perfect combination in my opinion and experience.

Edited by tercel89
adding information
  • Like 2