What was your very first firearm?

Mine was a single shot  twenty gauge. School was out for the summer and my parents went to work. I was around 14 years old. I was bored and I decided to practice my shooting. Well, I proceeded to put holes into the transformer. Well, a nosy neighbor called the cops and I ended up getting grounded for the summer.  And, my parents sold my shotgun.  lol.  How about your first firearm?

.410 single shot Brazilian import shotgun.  My Papaw gave it to me. My dad made d@m sure I knew it was not a toy. I was maybe 10. It was my squirrel gun until my Papaw graduated me to a 12ga years later. 

I still have it. Don't shoot it much since it is a youth length stock. It has the neatest break lever. You pull the entire trigger guard back. At least I have not seen it done that way much. 

From slingshot to B.B. to an old buldged barrel single shot 20ga that belonged to my dad and uncle.  From bird,duck,dove hunting for a number of years. Then it was my son’s first gun as well.  Still have it.  Probably not worth more than $40 tops but the most valuable gun I have.

Walther P99 in .40S&W.  Bought it with some saved up deployment money after coming home from Iraq in early 2004.  In hindsight, I wish I'd gotten the 9mm version, but still love this gun 14 years later, even if it doesn't see daily carry use, or as much range time as it used to.

I've thought about selling it a few times for a quick buck, but sentimentality prevents me from doing so.

Edited by btq96r

H&R model 058 Topper with a 20 gauge modified barrel and a 30-30 Winchester barrel. I still have it, along with the box and papers.

It's killed a LOT of game over the years.

My father is a thrifty fella, and paid $100 out the door for it at our local Ace Hardware.

Unless it's burned or stolen, my kids can fight over it one day.