400 guns stolen in Memphis

Just what the city needs, more guns on the street :whistle:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. —  The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and Memphis Police Department are investigating after hundreds of guns were stolen over the weekend.

According to the agencies, two men driving a U-Haul vehicle pulled up to the UPS facility at 1803 Brooks Road in Memphis and took off with 400 guns.

Up to $5,000 is being offered to anyone with information that leads to an arrest and conviction of those responsible.

If you know anything call the ATF at (800) ATF-GUNS or the Memphis Police Department at (901) 528-2274.

https://wreg.com/2018/10/01/authorities-400-guns-stolen-from-ups-facility/

• Moderators

Definitely a distributor shipment, either inbound to or outbound from. 

The question is how fast these cats can offload these guns. There is no way in hell I see them getting away with this. I think they’ll have better luck if they have the MPD assist because I’m much more confident in the abilities of the MPD than the ATF. Unless they just want to make some #### up. In that case the ATF is tops. 

I would imagine they were out of that U-haul in a matter of hours onto a different truck with no identifying marking on it. There is no doubt Chicago is their destination 99% but stopping every truck would be impossibe. As far as an inside job that goes without saying. Also, that is a lot of guns to be shipped by UPS instead of private carrier. I hope they find them but we all know it will not happen. I would be interested in knowing where they were scheduled to go before the heist. Also like to know how many long guns verses how many had guns. The report was not very informative.............JMHO

• Admin Team

We're seeing a fair number of logistics systems hacks lately.  

People fall for phishing emails and enter their credentials.  Many use the same password everywhere - and thus allows for activity to be monitored.  That way, they know where the iPads, guns, xBoxes whatever are - instead of knocking off a truckload of bananas.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I doubt that uhaul ever left the city limits.  Those guns are probably already scattered to hell and back like the cockroaches that stole them.

You may very well be right Garufa. They may have drove it right to an abandon warehouse where they had buyers waiting for them and they will probably find the truck right where they left it!

16 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

1803 Brooks Road is a UPS Freight facility, as opposed to regular old UPS brown trucks, FWIW.

Well sure, because after that they would of been divied up in those brown trucks.

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

The brown trucks that deliver to your house have nothing to do with UPS Freight.  Two different entities. 

Yes, we get both here; pallets vs packages etc.  The point is that the guns may have been divided up after leaving the distro facility, so it's easier to steal them there.