The Moon

Just now, btq96r said:

I guess my own father turning 70 and having a lot of empty time in the house while my stepmother works has met thinking about people's motives when they come post like we saw.  The guys profile said he was retired, and who knows how much of all this was just reaching out for someone to talk to as a way to pass the time.  Somehow he didn't strike me as the breakfast and golf to fill the first half of the day type. 

Or he was a legit forum troll...his username just happened to the name of a sniper in a video game. 

http://sniperelitegame.wikia.com/wiki/Karl_Fairburne

I'll take "B" ..

• Administrator
4 hours ago, 10-Ring said:

The guy may have been a bit nutty.  However, he did get a lot of conversation going, we needed that.

I debated it for this very reason alone and even told MacGyver, "He's generating traffic, at least".   BUT... I felt like the account was questionable at best when I figured out the screen name was a sniper character in a video game and that he was posting almost verbatim the same threads over on INGO but with about a 2-week head start there.

Their users seemed to be getting tired of him for some of the same reasons we were skeptical here.  I figured it's foolish to watch someone make a mistake and then not learn from it and avoid it, so... 

• Like 2
  • Authorized Vendor
On 10/2/2018 at 10:23 PM, Chucktshoes said:

As a general rule, it’s a pretty decent idea to let us get to know you first before you start spouting off your crazy conspiracy theories. 

Well if everyone knows then it wouldn't be a conspiracy then would it? Just sayin'.....:lol:

• Haha 1
On 10/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, GlockSpock said:

I couldn’t put my finger on a motive, but something seemed afoot here and other threads (and on other forums). 

Retired, no hobbies, no money, no family or friends? No life😢.... I see a lot of these types in my profession. Just wasting my time and theirs.

Jeeze!!! this is depressing me. Every keystroke is putting me further into that pattern! 😨 My use of emojis, my sitting here waiting on a call instead of calling up clients and drumming up business....

OK, I'm motivated now! Thanks Karl Fairburne!  Although I'm glad you were stopped before you started the old AK vs AR vs Mini 14 thread. I would have been glued to the screen with that debate for months.

Karl, if you're reading this. Seriously, get some hobbies or join a Church, volunteer. I've joined a local Barber Shop singing group and have been getting involved in Church a bit as well as a new "slow to take off Career" in Real Estate. Stay busy.

If we seem to be making fun of you it's only because we see a little of ourselves or what we might become if we get too involved in Forums and not real life.

God Bless and good Luck!

Mike

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Raoul said:

Probably just a lonely old geezer trying to keep from just crawling in a hole and giving up. Or a chinese keyboard jockey trying spread dissension and disinformation among the rank and file.

Really, watching him lash out at the INGO members who were basically asking the same questions about his presence is what told me it was time to preemptively snipe his account.  No sense giving him a chance to lash out at our members the same way.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Really, watching him lash out at the INGO members who were basically asking the same questions about his presence is what told me it was time to preemptively snipe his account.  No sense giving him a chance to lash out at our members the same way.

Your intel was better than mine. 

55 minutes ago, TGO David said:

INGO is a good bunch of folks.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Raoul said:

Probably just a lonely old geezer trying to keep from just crawling in a hole and giving up. Or a chinese keyboard jockey trying spread dissension and disinformation among the rank and file.

I dunno why, but something tells me he is a lonely YOUNG geezer instead. Could be wrong though. 

27 minutes ago, res308 said:

I dunno why, but something tells me he is a lonely YOUNG geezer instead. Could be wrong though. 

Maybe. He came in knocking everything off the tables. Not the first time somebody made a loud entrance here, and wound up falling into the pace later. In this case, David had a bigger picture.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Maybe. He came in knocking everything off the tables. Not the first time somebody made a loud entrance here, and wound up falling into the pace later. In this case, David had a bigger picture.

Yeah, either way, showing up starting a bar fight right off is not the way to remain a welcome guest at the barbecue. I just hope someone is there to help keep him from falling off the side of the planet ya know. Can't have that. 

Just now, res308 said:

Yeah, either way, showing up starting a bar fight right off is not the way to remain a welcome guest at the barbecue. I just hope someone is there to help keep him from falling off the side of the planet ya know. Can't have that. 

If he is a young 'un, he probably won't get that ass whippin' he desperately needs. They should have never outlawed them.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Maybe. He came in knocking everything off the tables. Not the first time somebody made a loud entrance here, and wound up falling into the pace later.

Nope. Not at all. 😇

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, mikegideon said:

If he is a young 'un, he probably won't get that ass whippin' he desperately needs. They should have never outlawed them.

6 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Nope. Not at all. 😇

I sincerely wish that there was a list containing all of the offenses someone could be whooped over legally. 

Man beats his wife and children? Get a group of guys together and show him how he's wrong:)

Man stays at home jobless when he obviously can work while children go hungry? Go inspire him to get a job:)

You see where this is going...

45 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

I sincerely wish that there was a list containing all of the offenses someone could be whooped over legally. 

Man beats his wife and children? Get a group of guys together and show him how he's wrong:)

Man stays at home jobless when he obviously can work while children go hungry? Go inspire him to get a job:)

You see where this is going...

I do, let's get this list going.

• Haha 1