Fugitive in Montgomery County

10 minutes ago, Wheelgunner said:

Just a quick heads up to our members.  You've probably heard already, but there's a real bad guy on the run up in Montgomery County between Clarksville and Dover.  If you're up that way, be careful, guys.  He's not playing around.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/search-intensifies-for-tbi-most-wanted-fugitive/article_9e1c9b26-c40c-11e8-b0b3-67cf44fa88d5.html

True. Last report I saw, he was still on the loose, & supposedly killed 2 already. Very dangerous.

Keep us in your prayers tomorrow boys. They cycled us out for the night. Fresh crew pulling the over night. We'll be back at it early tomorrow morning. There are crews coming in from everywhere. I'm hitting the shower and the bed. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, res308 said:

Keep us in your prayers tomorrow boys. They cycled us out for the night. Fresh crew pulling the over night. We'll be back at it early tomorrow morning. There are crews coming in from everywhere. I'm hitting the shower and the bed. 

Good luck guys, hope he comes in easy.

1 hour ago, res308 said:

Done.

9 hours ago, res308 said:

Get some rest and be safe out there. 

edit- I see now that your profile says LEO. 

Edited by Erik88

I heard one news broadcast that said the police have been given authority to shoot to kill on site so I would guess chances may be slim that the tax payers will be footing the bill for a trial unless they can sneak up on him while he is asleep........JMHO

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I heard one news broadcast that said the police have been given authority to shoot to kill on site so I would guess chances may be slim that the tax payers will be footing the bill for a trial unless they can sneak up on him while he is asleep........JMHO

I expect this is fake news.  I don't believe there is any  basis in TN law for issuing a "shoot on sight" order, and the liability risks involved would be phenomenal.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Whisper said:

I expect this is fake news.  I don't believe there is any  basis in TN law for issuing a "shoot on sight" order, and the liability risks involved would be phenomenal.  

Yea, I had my doubt about the order and only heard it on one news cast and if it was true it would have had follow ups but I did here it on channel 5 @ 4 PM news

4 hours ago, Whisper said:

There is no such thing, unless threat exists. This ain't FBI & Ruby Ridge!

3 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

There is no such thing, unless threat exists. This ain't FBI & Ruby Ridge!

I don't know where the "news" comes up with some things, but we haven't been issued any orders like that. 

Edited by res308
  • Like 1

This ain't Polk county Florida. Grady don't live here. 

Although he would not have a problem with an order like that. I have to admit the guy was tough on bad guys. Maybe we need more of that. Kind of a slippery slope though and only a matter of time before an innocent gets hurt. Great fantasy though. Bad guys always get caught and dealt with, before hurting more people. 

Hey it works in the movies!

Any orders to shoot on sight, implying no interaction, are silly. However, it is clear that if this man gets away there is an immediate danger of death or great bodily harm to the public. So if they see him and he doesn’t follow orders; they will probably shoot him...I would. That may have been discussed.

I’m kinda curious as to why they think he is still in the area.

42 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Any orders to shoot on sight, implying no interaction, are silly. However, it is clear that if this man gets away there is an immediate danger of death or great bodily harm to the public. So if they see him and he doesn’t follow orders; they will probably shoot him...I would. That may have been discussed.

I’m kinda curious as to why they think he is still in the area.

Apparently there were sightings, and one was an officer...which makes me wonder what happened there, I figured a tracking dog would pick him up pretty fast if they know where he passed. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Omega said:

Apparently there were sightings, and one was an officer...which makes me wonder what happened there, I figured a tracking dog would pick him up pretty fast if they know where he passed. 

Wondered that myself, tho sometimes tracking isn't as easy as it sounds. Sure there is a good reason why that didn't work. I just hope he doesn't slip thru a crack somewhere & hurt someone else. He doesn't have much to lose at this point, except his life.

11 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Wondered that myself, tho sometimes tracking isn't as easy as it sounds. Sure there is a good reason why that didn't work. I just hope he doesn't slip thru a crack somewhere & hurt someone else. He doesn't have much to lose at this point, except his life.

I was told that the dogs, early on, were following each other instead of the perp, but I figured by now they would put one or two of the best trackers on him.  With the morning dew, it may effect them, pro or con, so I'm not sure what happened. 

I heard an interview last night that the area he is in has a ton of caves from small to pretty big and it will take quite a while to search all of them. I don't think he has gotten out of that area as he would have tried to hijack another car or truck and kill someone else in the process like he did that gentleman in that Pick up truck.

If I'm not mistaken there was another man hunt in that same area not to long ago and I think it lasted about 4 days before the guy finally surrendered to police in the field. For some reason I don't think this guy plans on going out that way. I heard on the news again that he had an arsenal of weapons which I find hard to believe since he is a man on foot running from the law. I figure maybe 2 guns at most. I do hope they catch him before he hurts someone else.

I would also like to thank anyone that might be a member here or have family for your help in keeping the law enforcement people supplied with plenty of food and water and support. That goes to show just how much the law enforcement family is appreciated by the people regardless of how a few might view them.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:05 PM, res308 said:

I'm out here now, taking quick break. I relieved the night shift. Gonna be a hot day !

• Like 2