The Whiskey and Spirits Thread

Raoul

Some Monkey got pure spoiled today. However, I did also get some wine for myself but I feel like this was a pretty good haul. He told me he needs an all new gun safe just for the bourbon. Here I thought we could have a bar and share it. Someone clearly likes to squirrel away brass but now also bourbon. LOL 

And this is the only reason why I stopped in the first dang place! He's a huge fan of Woodford so the white corn was simply what I went for everything else was pure luck. Oh, and I had a older woman hand me the Whistlepig and tell me that it's great to sip. I thought hmm, if it's kept her that spunky maybe it's worth a try! The Ocean's are just for reserves because that seems to be his new favorite and go to. And this my friends, is how to spoil a Monkey. Well.. this and a new to him 20sf.  :wave:  Merry Christmas! 

Have Monkeyman post up a review of the 1843 stuff after he gives it a go.  The Ezra too!

Have Monkeyman post up a review of the 1843 stuff after he gives it a go.  The Ezra too!

It'll be a while. He still has the stash I got him last time. You guys think I am joking when I call him a hoarding squirrel but he will literally sit on things for what feels like FOREVERRRRRRR. Except when he sees a Glock 20. Then he tries to take those very quickly. He's the size of a Gorilla but when we wants something he's wily like a Lemur. LOL 

The Whistlepig is the first thing he cracked tonight (and attempt to save "the good stuff") he has no idea that it was one of the ones further up there. Despite it not being a bourbon he said it was good. The first two sips, his face said otherwise but he's digging it now. He said it has a slight bite, but he likes the little bit of sweetness to it (that's a good thing, because he literally puts sugar in everything) . A mellow flavor and a clean finish. So that makes him happy. But that comes bearing in mind that he serves everything over the rocks and likes it most once it's settles a little bit. 

My wife and I stopped by Bob's Package Store today and met Mike357.  Super guy...glad we finally got to meet.  He sold us some Vodka and Bourbon.  The Bourbon that we purchased was Rip Van Winkle...can't wait to try it out over the holidays.  Thanks Mike!!! B

image_zpsqz5xzywq.jpeg

• Like 4

My wife and I stopped by Bob's Package Store today and met Mike357.  Super guy...glad we finally got to meet.  He sold us some Vodka and Bourbon.  The Bourbon that we purchased was Rip Van Winkle...can't wait to try it out over the holidays.  Thanks Mike!!! B

It was nice to meet you and your better half this afternoon.  Sorry I could not spend as much time chatting as I'd have liked, but as you saw firsthand the place was total chaos.

You got a couple of real nice bottles, and being a vodka guy you will love the Deep Eddy.  And that 10 year old Rip is pretty good stuff too.

I hope you come back by sometime!

And I don't know what got into the boss this afternoon.  About 5pm he busted out all the BTAC we have been holding.  We sold it all tonight.  Made a lot of people very happy.  I did not know we even had it but there was a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 that I sold at about 8 pm tonight.  We even put a bottle of Rip on the shelf just for kicks and giggles.  It did not last 5 minutes, and the nice lady bought a George Stagg too.  Added up to a nice sale.  I think some of the best we had was Sazerac Rye and Thomas Handy Rye.  When did rye whisky get so desirable?  I was able to taste the Sazerac one of our guys bought, it was really nice,  loaded with vanilla on the front end and a nice oaky finish.  But I have to admit it does not stand up to Whistle Pig.  I almost pulled the trigger on a Handy but opted to leave it for the customers.

If I would of had a way to post it here I have given all of you a heads up about it.  NO chance to use a computer.  It was the busiest day of the year.

Whenever any TGOer can stop by be sure to ask for me.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 2

My wife and I stopped by Bob's Package Store today and met Mike357. Super guy...glad we finally got to meet.

I initially made a trip for a bottle like that, and I drove from The deep woods of Jackson County. But the money that I saved by shopping at Bob's made it worth it. Plus there's the benefit of getting to visit Mike. But Bob's has prices that are so much lower than stores in Cookeville/Algood. Sure I spend $20 on gas but heck, when you buy your stuff for $10 - $20 bucks cheaper per bottle, it works out. It's a great place to shop.
  • Like 1

Nice score. I love that Pappy 15!!

I've actually never had it honestly. I had the 23 earlier this year "not a bottle, but a couple of glasses" and it set the bar pretty damn high lol not sure what to expect of the 15 but I'm going to crack it open on Christmas and enjoy it with my dad. That much I do know.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Added some Single Barrel Whistle Pig Straight Rye 10-year to the library...

i-7VbrJnP-XL.jpg

I also had a staffer suggest Jim Beam Black for something cheap to try.  I might go back for that this weekend.  It would have seemed weird walking out with the Whistle Pig and a $20 bottle of Beam.

• Like 3

Oh, they never stopped singing this morning.

066650f8edc0d714bad6612af8f79966.jpg

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (139.8 proof)
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (135.6 proof)
Elmer
Russell's reserve rye single barrel
Angel's Envy rum cask finished rye
Pampero(b/c I hadn't tried it and Mike suggested it)
Couple older bottles of zaya b/c I hate the new blend
And flora 18yo b/c it was in the clearance bin for a screaming good deal.

Edited by 2.ooohhh

Oh, they never stopped singing this morning.

066650f8edc0d714bad6612af8f79966.jpg

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (139.8 proof)
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (135.6 proof)
Elmer
Russell's reserve rye single barrel
Angel's Envy rum cask finished rye
Pampero(b/c I hadn't tried it and Mike suggested it)
Couple older bottles of zaya b/c I hate the new blend
And flora 18yo b/c it was in the clearance bin for a screaming good deal.

This looks like me coming home after trips to the store, only I keep them in the backseat! You're a talented driver clearly! ;)

What sacrilege! Flor de Cana 18 in the clearance bin. Break my heart and tell me how screaming of a deal you got?

$39.99 less 15% so around 33 before tax. The market for liquor up here is SO different than Nashville it's hard to wrap my head around at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk