The Whiskey and Spirits Thread

Raoul

On 7/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, peejman said:

Found this not too long ago, hadn't heard of it before. It's pretty good, reminds me of Knob Creek with a touch of Jack Daniels.  When I said that to one of my friends, he immediately coined it, "Jack's Knob."  :D 

i-P3NtrG2-X2.jpg

I had a sample of this last night.   It was very good good when it hit the mouth, but had a weird  taste to it as it went down.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:50 PM, mikegideon said:

Manhattan calls for rye. That may be where that bottle of Woodford goes. I love 'em.

We have a bottle of Handy that has been in the safe for 2 or 3 years. Apparently it's for Sazeracs. Bordain had them on his show when he was in NOLA. I bet it might make good manhattans too? Never thought of that!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 8:10 AM, KahrMan said:

Just picked this up.  Going to have save it for a special occasion.

fullsizeoutput_16f3.jpg

Let me know when you open it, if your willing I'd be down to trade samples.  I have a couple of things that would be equal value.  I don't spend enough on the regular to get these bottles usually. Just a thought ;) great pickup

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

Let me know when you open it, if your willing I'd be down to trade samples.  I have a couple of things that would be equal value.  I don't spend enough on the regular to get these bottles usually. Just a thought ;) great pickup

After seeing what this stuff sells for on the secondary market I can't decide if I want to open it or not. lol  

1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

After seeing what this stuff sells for on the secondary market I can't decide if I want to open it or not. lol  

There's more Bourbon in barrels right now than there's ever been. Drink it.

Who deserves it more than me, er oops I mean you

• Haha 1
On 10/8/2018 at 1:13 PM, KahrMan said:

best thing to do is rip the seal off and get that temptation out of your mind.  I'm of the mindset that unless you need the money, the bourbon (or rye in this case) is better than money

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, owejia said:

What is good to spike my egg nog with? Is Bullet burbon  any good? Enquiring mind needs to know.

Bourbon or rum is good. Since you're gonna pour your liquor into a glass of milk eggs and sugar any medium priced bourbon will do.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, peejman said:

I usually put rum or brandy in my 'nog. Or maybe the other way around. I like my whisky with ice or coke. 

I like my whiskey like I like my women, 18 years old and full of Coke. 

***It’s a joke!***

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Haha 2

Had a friend from the Monterey area back in the late 60's worked with at Y-12 plant, name was L. B. Swift that made moonshine, smooth easy drinking. L. B. and his friend also made some peach brandy that was pretty good too. Preacher Barrows at Dover made really good moonshine back in the 50's and 60's before TVA made Land Between the Lakes. The last good moonshine I drank came out of Ky up around Hopkinsville. This was the untaxed kind. Was partial to Bacardi's rum and coke back in my younger days. Just a little in my egg nog is all I drank now.