The Whiskey and Spirits Thread

Raoul

Well the wife finally got involved, I was fine with my bar being limited to a few dozen rums and a few dozen whisky's with minimal mixers for the occasional old fashioned or sazerac.(I.E. you can have whatever you want so long as it's sipping rum or whiskey) The wife finds an old picture of me behind the bar at my old house and starts wanting a cocktail. EVERY single cocktail she picked I was missing key ingredients, which led to creation of a list, and a trip to a friend's liquor store. Long story short I've gone from 4 cocktails she can choose from to a few over 700, and she can't say a word about what a bottle of whisky costs anymore.  :cheers:

24546890781_c21fa4b01e_z.jpg

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

• Like 2

So Elijah Craig has now officially removed their 12 year age statement on their small batch bourbon.  It will now be a small batch blend of 8-12 year bourbons.  The bad news is the EC12 that we all know and love for the money is going away...the slightly good news is that i'd image we would see a bump in ECBP availability.   I snagged a 1.75 of EC12 to hang on to for as long as I can stand it!  RIP EC12...you will be missed!   

• Like 1

So Elijah Craig has now officially removed their 12 year age statement on their small batch bourbon.  It will now be a small batch blend of 8-12 year bourbons.  The bad news is the EC12 that we all know and love for the money is going away...the slightly good news is that i'd image we would see a bump in ECBP availability.   I snagged a 1.75 of EC12 to hang on to for as long as I can stand it!  RIP EC12...you will be missed!   

That's a shame. That's one of my favorite under the radar bottles.

The small bottle will have the age statement on the back of the bottle. The new small bottles have this 12 year removed. The big bottle I got had the big red 12 on the front. That's of course while it lasts.

Mine still says 12. If they'd had a big bottle, I'd certainly have gotten it, even without knowing about this. Edited by peejman

Well, Lets see.
I really don't have anything good to say for the Slaughter House.
I won't be buying any more I can tell you that. If, I cant drink it strait up it isn't worth buying . IMO

So basically, and I could be misunderstanding you here... But you're saying, you hate it? LOL Monkey's still set for a while. I opened up my cabinet to grab sugar and found two bottles of Whistlepig 10. He still hasn't cracked 1/2 of the others so I'm good on buying for a bit, but I'll skip this when I start again. That's how he felt about Widow Jane.

51 pages and I haven't posted on this thread until now. I guess that's because i'm a teetotaler. 

Used to drink Bud Ice and occasional Jim Beam on a weekend, 14 years ago I had some stomach problems so I quit and never started back.

Well I made my post, didn't want to be left out.

• Like 1

in the gun safe? Which bourbon?

Seriously made me LOL

The Handy, his VanWinkle 12 and a few other bottles. He also has stashed some away downstairs in random spots. I swear to god he is part squirrel! So help me Jesus, when my new Glock gets here there better be room. I've been telling him for a while now to get it out.

51 pages and I haven't posted on this thread until now. I guess that's because i'm a teetotaler.

Used to drink Bud Ice and occasional Jim Beam on a weekend, 14 years ago I had some stomach problems so I quit and never started back.

Well I made my post, didn't want to be left out.

I seriously love your posts sometimes. And while I'm not knocking your choices, I think perhaps if maybe you drank PBR and Jack you could have avoided these issues and still be a boozer til this day. I myself can't drink much because of health issues but when I do, boy do I do it up with some wine! I'm an obnoxious drinker. I laugh too much and dance at random. Hence why we are hermits.

And I still haven't tried that wine yet Mike! I haven't drank anything since November. I will this Saturday, I swear.

I seriously love your posts sometimes. And while I'm not knocking your choices, I think perhaps if maybe you drank PBR and Jack you could have avoided these issues and still be a boozer til this day. I myself can't drink much because of health issues but when I do, boy do I do it up with some wine! I'm an obnoxious drinker. I laugh too much and dance at random. Hence why we are hermits.

And I still haven't tried that wine yet Mike! I haven't drank anything since November. I will this Saturday, I swear.

I've had my crazy drinking days, some of that in the Army. Maybe some will remember buying a big styrofoam cooler, fill it with a bag of ice, pore in 2 cans of grape juice, 2 cans of orange juice, 1 can of pineapple juice, add some orange slices and three cans of fruit cocktail, then add the main ingredient, 2 fifths of 190 proof Everclear. Don't forget the big paper cups and it is handy to have an old 5 gallon paint bucket handy.  :)

P.S. DO NOT do that on Sunday unless you enjoy puking during PT Monday morning. 

• Like 1

I've had my crazy drinking days, some of that in the Army. Maybe some will remember buying a big styrofoam cooler, fill it with a bag of ice, pore in 2 cans of grape juice, 2 cans of orange juice, 1 can of pineapple juice, add some orange slices and three cans of fruit cocktail, then add the main ingredient, 2 fifths of 190 proof Everclear. Don't forget the big paper cups and it is handy to have an old 5 gallon paint bucket handy.   :)

P.S. DO NOT do that on Sunday unless you enjoy puking during PT Monday morning. 

Sounds like band parties in college.  We used a big trash can, several bags of ice, one of the big cans of powdered gatoraid, and enough bottles of whatever everyone brought (admission was a fifth of something).  Good times.  The smell the next day while everyone sweated it out was always interesting. 

• Like 1