Police Officers shot!!!!

bersaguy

• Admin Team
16 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

You just now reaching that conclusion, Mac?:D

It does seem that terrible stuff is happening with ever greater frequency.

No, despite my sunny disposition, it has unfortunately affected my worldview for some years now :)

• Like 1

It was apparently an elderly man. He was taken into custody.(age not yet confirmed)

Now saying 7 shot.

Seven law enforcement officers were shot, one fatally, during a standoff in Florence, South Carolina on Wednesday, Florence Police Chief Allen Heidler said. Florence County Sheriff's deputies were executing a search warrant when the suspected shooter opened fire, authorities said.

Edited by Erik88
  • Confused 1

This is a horrible situation, but I have a beef with how the media is presenting it. Calling it an active shooter when it seems to be someone opening fire on police executing a warrant is misleading. So far it does not seem like this guy walked in somewhere asnd started shooting. Yes he was actively shooting, but not in the way most associate the "active shooter" label. It is just to push the buzz word button.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

It was apparently an elderly man. He was taken into custody.(age not yet confirmed)

Now saying 7 shot.

Seven law enforcement officers were shot, one fatally, during a standoff in Florence, South Carolina on Wednesday, Florence Police Chief Allen Heidler said. Florence County Sheriff's deputies were executing a search warrant when the suspected shooter opened fire, authorities said.

Man, I just hope they had the right address on this one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
31 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Any details yet? I'd like to know what the warrant was for, why the guy chose to shoot it out and what weapon was used? 

This world has gone completely crazy and any resemblance to a civilized society is quickly circling the drain. :screwy:

The news is reporting it was 74 year old disbarred lawyer and that 3 deputies went there on a search warrant for a 27 year old accused of sexual assault of a child in the home. The shooter opened fire as they approached.

Looks like having a MRAP allowed them to get the fallen Officers out and may have saved some lives.

Edited by DaveTN
44 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

A 74 year old Vietnam vet. Why can't these people just kill themselves?

They do everyday. It's not news so you don't hear about it unless you know them. I have know 4 Vietnam Vets that have taken their own lives over past couple years. I'm thinking this guy wanted to die also but the police didn't make his wish come true. I do wish he had not taken a life in the process............JMHO

Edited by bersaguy

Police have been called to the home dozens of times over the years, the official said.

Then why did they have Foster children? Foster children that apparently they now think were sexually assaulted.

I hear all the time about how hard it is for people here to adopt; so they go out of our country. So it will be interesting to hear how Foster Children were placed somewhere with a history of Police calls.

Edited by DaveTN

I have heard and witnessed how hard it is to adopt a child here and will never understand why??? In the past I have known 3 or more couples personally that have applied to adopt a child and been denied. One for example was a young couple in mid 20's that we buying a home, both were working and made a great income and if they would have been approved they would still have been able to provide a great life for a child because husbands income was 6 figures and loss of wifes income would not have effected their lifestyle at all. So, there was no income issues, no housing issues, no health issues of either person, no family background of any type of abuse, and wife couldn't get pregnant so they chose to adopt. Hey got denied. They appealed 3 times and got denied all three times. After the third appeal they did not give up. They went out of country and adopted a set of twin boys ages 1.5 years old and the whole adoption program took less then a month so go figure?????

I have no clue why they make it so hard to adopt I almost think it is deliberate to keep enough children in the foster care program to make sure people in DHS stay in business and folks keep their jobs.............JMHO  

8 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

This is what Trump would call a bad hombre. He shouldn't even have been released after the first home invasion. I'm guessing since the charges were dropped it gave him the impression that he could keep getting away with it.

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/crime/2018/10/03/tennessee-manhunt-timeline-kirby-wallace-search/1508148002/

This is the other guy, not the one in this thread...kind of sad there are more than one threads about these killers.

• Like 1

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/04/police-identify-74-year-old-disbarred-lawyer-as-suspect-in-shooting-of-seven-south-carolina-cops

Police identify 74-year-old disbarred lawyer as suspect in shooting of seven South Carolina cops

3 hours
Police identify 74-year-old disbarred lawyer as suspect in shooting of seven South Carolina cops

Authorities identify the suspect in a shooting that killed a police officer and injured six more. (Image source: WPDE-TV video screenshot) 

Follow

POLITICAL VIEW
CHRISTIAN LIBERTARIAN
VALUES
FAITH, FAMILY
HERO
JOHN THE BAPTIST
Article GoalINFORM

Authorities identified 74-year-old Frederick Hopkins, a disbarred lawyer, as the suspect in a Wednesday shooting in Florence, South Carolina, that killed one police officer and injured six more.

What are the details behind the attack?

Hopkins, who is also a Vietnam veteran, reportedly fired on three Florence County deputies with a high-powered rifle when they tried to serve a warrant Wednesday afternoon.

According to CBS News, police were attempting to serve a warrant involving the suspect’s 27-year-old son for allegedly sexually assaulting a foster child in the home. Authorities reported that Hopkins’ son was also shot, but it is unclear at this time whether Hopkins or police shot him.

Police say the suspect then took children hostage in the home, which resulted in a standoff that lasted for about  two hours. After backup arrived to help the first three officers, Hopkins reportedly shot four more officers. One of the officers, Terrence Carraway, a 30-year veteran of the force, died from his injuries.

Authorities ordered a bullet-resistant rescue vehicle to the scene in order to evacuate officers who had been shot. They were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. Afterward, the police department and the sheriff’s office were able to remove Hopkins from the home after he’d spoken with a negotiator and agreed to be taken into custody.

What else?

The suspect sustained a head injury during the standoff and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. The Daily Mail reported that the suspect is believed to have fallen at the scene.

No children were injured during the standoff, and their whereabouts are unknown at this time.

At the time of this writing, Hopkins remains in the hospital and has yet to be charged with a crime.