The Mule (New Clint Eastwood Movie)

3 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Has Clint Eastwood ever made a bad movie?

"Pink Cadillac."  Those two orangutan movies.  And "The Dead Pool," his last Dirty Harry movie, wasn't much good either.

Early in his career he was in one of those Francis the Talking Mule movies, but he probably can't be blamed for that.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Whisper said:

"Pink Cadillac."  Those two orangutan movies.  And "The Dead Pool," his last Dirty Harry movie, wasn't much good either.

Early in his career he was in one of those Francis the Talking Mule movies, but he probably can't be blamed for that.

Cheers,

Whisper

I don't think he produced or directed most of those, Just performed in them but I could be wrong and many times I am..........:shrug:

12 minutes ago, Whisper said:

"Pink Cadillac."  Those two orangutan movies. 

I agree with Pink Cadillac and might go so far as to say it’s one of the worst movies ever,  but the “Loose” movies are excellent, lol.

You left out Bronco Billy, it was garbage as well.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Ever since Eastwood got serious about the directing gig, he's produced a very high quality film time after time.  I'm thinking this one will be in that category.

I agree. I'm happy he's still kicking ass at 88. The trailer looks solid.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Garufa said:

I agree with Pink Cadillac and might go so far as to say it’s one of the worst movies ever,  but the “Loose” movies are excellent, lol.

You left out Bronco Billy, it was garbage as well.

You're wrong about the "Loose" movies 😁 but right about "Bronco Billy;" it's also a turkey.  "The Mule" looks promising.

Edited by Whisper
15 hours ago, Garufa said:

I agree with Pink Cadillac and might go so far as to say it’s one of the worst movies ever,  but the “Loose” movies are excellent, lol

You've obviously never seen Paint Your Wagon. I've seen movies from Ed Wood that are better than that clunker.

25 minutes ago, macville said:

You've obviously never seen Paint Your Wagon. I've seen movies from Ed Wood that are better than that clunker.

You don't like Clint singing to the trees?  :lol:

Edited by Garufa

Now to show ya'll how my mind works these days after looking at the title of the new Movie I was looking to see a Mule in it. I did see a Mule in the movie trailer but it didn't sawn on me till I was laying in bed last night the he is the Mule and he is a drug runner moving the product. I had a little laugh out loud in the dark when it finally sunk in............:clap:

Now with that said I think Gran Torino was a great movie and speaking of that movie has anyone heard from him recently? I no with all the avatar chnages I sometimes have trouble keeping up!!!

20 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Now to show ya'll how my mind works these days after looking at the title of the new Movie I was looking to see a Mule in it. I did see a Mule in the movie trailer but it didn't sawn on me till I was laying in bed last night the he is the Mule and he is a drug runner moving the product. I had a little laugh out loud in the dark when it finally sunk in............:clap:

Now with that said I think Gran Torino was a great movie and speaking of that movie has anyone heard from him recently? I no with all the avatar chnages I sometimes have trouble keeping up!!!

I was looking for something with a western type story line. I did recognize the meaning of the mule. But it does look like it maybe good.

2 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

American Sniper

I agree it probably could have been better but when you begin to make a movie and they tie 1 hand behind your back and threaten to do 2 it does not leave a lot of wiggle room to work with. Randall Wallace ran into the same issues on his Movie "When we were soldiers" and so did so many other directors when it came to making movies about wars starting with Vietnam. Coppola ran into many issue with Apocalypse Now

31 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I would argue that We Were Soldiers is probably the best movie about Vietnam that's ever been made.

I would agree it was a great motion picture and it took me quite a while to be able to watch it becuase of what friends had told me about it. I bet very few people know that La Drang Valley was the first real encounter that took place between American and Vietnamese forces. it gave our upper military personel the intelligence they needed to know just what the Vietnamese Military was willing to sacrifice in a war. In that battle 124 Americans were wounded, 234 Americans died and there was over 2000 Vietnamese killed in that battle.

• Like 1