Fourtyfive

The L5 Ribbon Gun

So I thought I was reading about a rail gun to start. 

Field dependability and cost will determine if this goes anywhere. 

I seen that article a few days ago, and its theoretically a good rifle, but it will go nowhere.  First, the ammo for it is bulky, not to mention more expensive than standard ammo.  We already tried a three round burst, it didn't work well in the field.  The Army is interested in the four shot version, which will have the same handicap, once you shoot 2 or three, you either shoot the last ones, or lose the rounds by reloading to begin a new contact with the enemy.  Not good IMHO, the first option loses the element of surprise, or gives away your position, the second has you either losing rounds or carrying partial, blocks of ammo.  

2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Never trust your life to anything that requires a battery.  :shake:

That was my thought.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TripleDigitRide
      I'm thinking about purchasing a T/C Compass in .270, as I finally have an opportunity to get into deer hunting. The reviews seem pretty good, especially for a $200 (after rebates at Academy) rifle, but I wanted to see if anyone here had firsthand experience with 'em. 
    • By Grayfox54
      Ok, I'm not an AR guy. I own one, but I'm not really into the AR culture and don't know much about all the legalities involved. But I do kinda like the idea of a compact sub gun sized weapon. I've seen several ARs for sale with pistol length barrels equiped with the flat blade type stocks.  Is this legal to own without a stamp? Wouldn't that be classed as a SBR? 
      I get the Sig style brace as its designed to fit around your forearm. I also understand that it becomes illegal if you put it to your shoulder. Is that still correct? 
      OTOH: I seen short barreled ARs with the blade type stocks and claims that its legal to put them to you shoulder like a regular rifle. There are lots of videos of people shooting these guns from their shoulder. I'm confused. Somebody please explain all this to me. 
    • By Karl Fairburne
      I have the Little Badger. Basically, it is a single shot survival rifle. I think I seriously need  a RUGER 10/22

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

This is an example of a list.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines