bersaguy

Model 86 Bersa

I had a friend call me about an hour ago and he has a friend that has a Model 86 Bersa he is considering selling. It's a 13+1 gun black color with wood grips. His asking price is $450.00. I am not to familiar with the Model 86. I know it was discontinued in 1994 when they introduced the Thunder. Can any one give me more input on these guns. I have a Thunder and a model 85 and I gave $300.00 for the 85. I'm thinking $450.00 is to much. I am willing to make an offer on the gun but don't want to insult the seller either. Would $350.00 be a fair offer for the gun. I will get to see the gun tomorrow when they come by here to let me see it. Any information on any one that has an 86 would be appreciated.

Not familiar with this model.  I have a Bersa Thunder pro 9mm and also a Firestorm .22LR.  I used to have a Thunder .380.  Bothe Thunders are/were awesome guns.  Most reviews Ive read about the old Model 86's seem not so favorable.

Here is what Genitron has to say about it and I have no clue as to their reliability.

The hi-cap Bersa Model 86 is similar to the Model 85 except that it sports black wrap-around grips and the standard version has a matte black finish rather than a blued finish

Click Here : Link to Genitron Bersa 86 info

Gun Value
MSRP: $405.00    Used Est: $345.00
Last Update: 5/10/2018

7 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Here is what Genitron has to say about it and I have no clue as to their reliability.

The hi-cap Bersa Model 86 is similar to the Model 85 except that it sports black wrap-around grips and the standard version has a matte black finish rather than a blued finish

Click Here : Link to Genitron Bersa 86 info

Gun Value
MSRP: $405.00    Used Est: $345.00
Last Update: 5/10/2018

Thanks for the information. Evidently someone has changed out the grips cause it had wood grips now according to the seller. It has 1 factory Magazine and is 13+1. No box and said it has been shot some but not how much and he is asking $45.00 over new price I was thinkin about offering $350.00 but that $5.00 over what used price is. Depending on over all appearence and what it looks like when I take it down. I may politely hurt the guys feelings. I already have a great model 85 and was just kind of wanting a good 86. 

Well I got to set eyes on the 86 last night. Real piece of what was once a beautiful gun. One of the wood grips was cracked, most all the bluing was gone from holster rash or pocket carry and the hammer had some side to side motion. My guess is the gun was shot a lot. I didn't bother taking it apart for fear I might not be able to get it back together. He said he would come down to $350.00 but not a dime lower and I went and got my 85 out of the safe and showed it to him and I told him would not take $500.00 for mine but looking at them side by side he knew he might be able to get a couple hundred from someone that maybe would want a project restoration gun but knew I was not a prospect so he thanked me for looking and they left. I would have taken pictures but batteries are dead in my camera so will buy more today.

Edited by bersaguy

He’ll be lucky to get half of that in this market unless he finds a sucker he’s willing to take advantage of. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well I got to set eyes on the 86 last night. Real piece of what was once a beautiful gun. One of the wood grips was cracked, most all the bluing was gone from holster rash or pocket carry and the hammer had some side to side motion. My guess is the gun was shot a lot. I didn't bother taking it apart for fear I might not be able to get it back together. He said he would come down to $350.00 but not a dime lower and I went and got my 85 out of the safe and showed it to him and I told him would not take $500.00 for mine but looking at them side by side he knew he might be able to get a couple hundred from someone that maybe would want a project restoration gun but knew I was not a prospect so he thanked me for looking and they left. I would have taken pictures but batteries are dead in my camera so will buy more today.

Good job passing. It seems some people have very inflated ideas in their heads on pricing even in a good market. Now they verge on ridiculous. Just because a gun is old does not make it valuable either. 

• Like 2

Yea, I think he is trying to get a big payday due to the fact that they are somewhat rare and a collector might be nieave enough to buy a piece of junk at a high end price........JMHO

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SonnyCrockett said:

with prices as low as they are today

I see no reason to own a Bersa 

Unless your name is bersaguy. I figure he has to :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Unless your name is bersaguy. I figure he has to :) 

Oh how true that is and yea I own a couple and happen to think they are very good guns and a heck of a lot better than a sharp stick IMHO

1 hour ago, SonnyCrockett said:

I own one. I like the feel of it as well or better than anything else I own. I have CZs Glocks S&W, and others as comparison. 

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SonnyCrockett said:

As finicky as it is with ammo the Thunder 22 is one of my favorite pistols.  It’s my po man’s James Bond gun.

It’s also what I use to blast all the Remington Golden Bullets I have. Oddly, it runs 100% with them and little else.  No other .22 I have can do that.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Garufa said:

As finicky as it is with ammo the Thunder 22 is one of my favorite pistols.  It’s my po man’s James Bond gun.

It’s also what I use to blast all the Remington Golden Bullets I have. Oddly, it runs 100% with them and little else.  No other .22 I have can do that.

I have kicked around buying a Bersa 22 a dozen times and because I hear how picky about type of ammo they like it has kept me from buying one.

19 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I have kicked around buying a Bersa 22 a dozen times and because I hear how picky about type of ammo they like it has kept me from buying one.

As the Bersa man you need one.  Many .22’s can be a pain with ammo but this one is worth it when you find what it likes.  It’s great fun to shoot and honestly, I would have no problem carrying it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Garufa said:

As the Bersa man you need one.  Many .22’s can be a pain with ammo but this one is worth it when you find what it likes.  It’s great fun to shoot and honestly, I would have no problem carrying it.

I might look at getting one someday. Right now I have a Phoenix 22 pocket pistol and it eats any 22 ammo I feed it lke candy. Have never had an issue with it other than the fact it's kind of heavy but dependable as hell.