Man Threatens Louisiana Trooper During Traffic Stop

volshayes

Yeah, that loco weed will make you say stupid stuff.

https://www.officer.com/on-the-street/news/21027055/man-threatens-louisiana-trooper-during-traffic-stop

Man Threatens Louisiana Trooper During Traffic Stop

A Baton Rouge man pulled over Wednesday for not wearing a seat belt and driving without a license plate threatened a Louisiana State Police trooper by saying he would "do to law enforcement what the shooter did a while back."

THE ADVOCATE, BATON ROUGE, LA.
 OCTOBER 12, 2018

Tweet
Suspect
Melvin J. Amar Jr.
LOUISIANA STATE POLICE

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana -- A Baton Rouge man pulled over Wednesday for not wearing a seat belt and driving without a license plate threatened a Louisiana State Police trooper by saying he would "do to law enforcement what the shooter did a while back," according to the man's arrest report.

The driver, 42-year-old Melvin J. Amar Jr., was referencing the 2016 ambush of Baton Rouge law enforcement officers that left three dead and three more injured, police said. Amar, of 224 Howard St., Baton Rouge, was arrested on simple assault, public intimidation and retaliation, no seat belt, vehicle license required, driver must be licensed and no insurance.

The encounter between Amar and the troopers started around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday near the intersection of Burbank Drive and GSRI Avenue. The trooper did a U-turn to pull Amar over after seeing that he didn't have a license plate and wasn't wearing a seat belt.

When the trooper confronted Amar about the infractions, Amar became agitated and said he didn't need to wear his seat belt because he's an adult, the report says, adding that his temporary license plate had flown out the window.

The trooper then discovered that Amar didn't have current insurance on his vehicle, which meant his vehicle would be towed.

As the trooper started writing up Amar's traffic ticket, Amar verbally threatened him and made hand gestures of shooting a gun at him, according to the report. A second trooper was called to assist.

While Amar was being transported, he told the trooper that he would shoot the trooper's family and that the trooper needed to get "a new place to stay after tonight." He also threatened to sue both troopers, according to the report.

The trooper also noted in his report that Amar had a baggy of "green leafy material" inside his sock. He also found a Xanax pill underneath the cushions in the back of his unit where Amar had been sitting.

———

©2018 The Advocate, Baton Rouge, La.

Visit The Advocate, Baton Rouge, La. at www.theadvocate.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I would not have a Patrolmans job this day in time regarless of the pay scale which I know is no where near what it should be. I don't have the Temperament to tolerate what the LEO's have to put up with these days. Whn that officer pulled me over last month for expired tags he had ran my tags and knew I had a HCP but walked right up to my door and ask me for license and proof of insurance and ask me why I was not wearing a seat belt and I ask for permission to open the door and showed him I had my lap belt on and handed him the letter from my doctor and he didn't even take it out of the envelope but just handed it back to me. He then told me why he stopped me and said he would be right back. He wrote me a ticket for expired tags and while I was signing the ticket he was petting Darby cause she had her head out the window. He ask her name and I told him. He then preceeded to tell me that if I brought proof of new tags to court the judge would dismiss it or I cold just take the proof of new tags to city hall to court clerks office and they would dismiss the case so that is what I did.

I don't know why people get mad and upset because an LEO is doing his/her job that they are being paid by the tax payers to do...........JMHO

10 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I would not have a Patrolmans job this day in time regarless of the pay scale which I know is no where near what it should be. I don't have the Temperament to tolerate what the LEO's have to put up with these days. Whn that officer pulled me over last month for expired tags he had ran my tags and knew I had a HCP but walked right up to my door and ask me for license and proof of insurance and ask me why I was not wearing a seat belt and I ask for permission to open the door and showed him I had my lap belt on and handed him the letter from my doctor and he didn't even take it out of the envelope but just handed it back to me. He then told me why he stopped me and said he would be right back. He wrote me a ticket for expired tags and while I was signing the ticket he was petting Darby cause she had her head out the window. He ask her name and I told him. He then preceeded to tell me that if I brought proof of new tags to court the judge would dismiss it or I cold just take the proof of new tags to city hall to court clerks office and they would dismiss the case so that is what I did.

I don't know why people get mad and upset because an LEO is doing his/her job that they are being paid by the tax payers to do...........JMHO

They get mad because they feel the laws don't apply to them.  And like it is happening in TN, no consequences when breaking traffic laws, this will only get worse.