TPS Arms M6 Takedown

Ronald_55

Just now, Garufa said:

It’s a design from the early 1950’s.  USAF survival rifle.  That’s a stupid price for what it is.

Yeah, I have seen it redone a few times over the years.i think the ammo storage is interesting. Chiappa does one, but I think it is more of a frame butt. 

16 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

One day somebody is going to both improve on this design and price it where it should be. 

I don’t believe the original had a removable choke - nor did it need one. 

Chokes would only be interesting it larger gushes.. 410 has no need for one.

I wonder if anyone has 3d printed replacement butts for other modelslike this with ammo storage or such.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:33 PM, Garufa said:

It’s a design from the early 1950’s.  USAF survival rifle.  That’s a stupid price for what it is.

I'm still trying to talk myself into one of the Springfield/CZ models.   I want it badly.  But the price has made me shy away.  They run 650 or so from what I've seen.  

• Moderators

If MagPul were to take the current Henry AR-7 and modernize it, I think it would be amazing.

Heck, MagPul could probably release a "stock" that is 100% compatible with the Henry AR-7.

Fashion the "buttplate" so that it somehow locks/screws in resulting in a 100% waterproof and floatable package. Add some sort of M.O.L.L.E. webbing feature on the left or right side of the stock so you can literally strap the thing securely to a pack.

To be fair, the Henry setup is pretty nice, but it still leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

If MagPul were to take the current Henry AR-7 and modernize it, I think it would be amazing.

Heck, MagPul could probably release a "stock" that is 100% compatible with the Henry AR-7.

Fashion the "buttplate" so that it somehow locks/screws in resulting in a 100% waterproof and floatable package. Add some sort of M.O.L.L.E. webbing feature on the left or right side of the stock so you can literally strap the thing securely to a pack.

To be fair, the Henry setup is pretty nice, but it still leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion.

Yeah I have the .22 single barrel Henry. It is like carrying a boat anchor. I love that it is waterproof, but the little bag that comes with it is only good to carry it to/from the range or maybe drop it in a trunk. 

If you could pull the pin on that one and spin the end around so the end of the barrel somehow fit in the butt and locked. Min barrel length would complicate it some.

• 3 years later...

Yeah, I own one. I bought mine in the original box with all the goodies. It is like new and had the shells and cartridges left from what actually been shot through it...4 .. Hornets had been shot and 4 .410 shells. I paid more than that for mine a few years ago and was glad to get it. They are collectors guns. I wouldn't sell mine for what I paid for it. Some owners wrap the barrels with paracord for a fore-end grip and to have paracord available in a survival situation.

15 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

Yeah, I own one. I bought mine in the original box with all the goodies. It is like new and had the shells and cartridges left from what actually been shot through it...4 .. Hornets had been shot and 4 .410 shells. I paid more than that for mine a few years ago and was glad to get it. They are collectors guns. I wouldn't sell mine for what I paid for it. Some owners wrap the barrels with paracord for a fore-end grip and to have paracord available in a survival situation.

You must be talking about one of the old productions models.  No way that this new production TPS Arms is "collector's" gun material.