Ok, what's your favorite Halloween time movie?

Quavodus

Hellraiser with Pinhead ! In "Hellraiser Bloodline" and "Hellraiser III " Pinhead was awesome. It's funny to say this but true , my wife and me in 96 were dating and our first movie was Hellraiser Bloodline. I am a Christian and Baptist , but "Pinhead" in another movie does some pretty anti-Christian things yet it's still pretty exciting to watch.

The Night of the Living Dead. Low budget, Black and White and scary as hell for the 1960s.  "They're coming to get you Barbara"

The music really makes it and the little kid zombie eating the Mom is still freaky.

Don't watch any newish horror, kinda depresses me how sick and realistic it has become, too much torture and sadism.

Don't mind Nightmare before Christmas for something fun. 

Edited by OLDNEWBIE
spelling
  • Like 1

I don't even know where to start. I grew up on this stuff and still love it. 

I was a teenager when Halloween and Friday the 13th came out. These made a big impact on me. I also grew up watching the classic Universal Monsters from the 1930s on TV. Frankenstein, Dracula and the Wolfman have always been favorites. Not to mention tons of 1950s-60s "B" horror and sci-fi movies. Night of the living Dead is an all time classic as well as all the George Romero Zombie flicks. 

But, my all time favorite ghost story is the original 1963 film "The Haunting". Only two characters die, no gore,  not much for fancy special effects. Its all done with lights, sound and the power of your own imagination. I love this movie and even today it scares the crap outta me. :up:

• Like 1

I can tell you which one wasn’t my favorite when I was in first grade. We sat up and watched Salem’s Lot. Yep, cheesy compared to today’s stuff but scared me to death when I was 5!! I had a kid sized rocking chair like my Dads full size one. When the kid was getting buried and the guy jumped in the casket after everyone left, and the kid sat up....Yep, right over backwards I went!!

But nowadays I’d have to say Halloween (Michael Myers) movies would be my go to for favorite Halloween movies. 

Edited by rugerla1
22 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I forgot about Pumpkinhead. Woah, it was good. Scott Glenn and it even had Jeff East(who played Huckleberry Finn). The original Nighmare on Elm Street was good too. Freddy Kreuger's whole personality was different.

Most all of the breakout Horror movies Halloween, Friday 13th, Pumpkinhead, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm street, Night of the living dead and the list goes on where great. A few had good sequels but normally the originals were the best. I grew up watching SHOCK THEATER on Satuday nights to movies like Frankinstein, Were of London, Dracula, The Mummy My bedroom was lined in Garlic and I had a silver pocket knife and a book of matches if I had to set the Mummy on fire and my only fear was Frankenstein cause he didn't have any weaknesses      LOL.........JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
6 hours ago, res308 said:

I never got into horror movies. They make me want to go to sleep. But most definitely another vote for Young Frankenstein! If I wasn't having to work I might just watch Blazing Saddles for Halloween night. ;)

I love Young Frankenstein.I love the line "great knockers".

11 hours ago, peejman said:

Does Rocky Horror qualify as Halloween?

Apparently my wife's favorite is Hocus Pocus. It's been on tv a bunch. Again tonite in fact. Guess what we're watching?  Again.  🙄

I guess Rocky Horror would qualify as Halloween. Interesting costumes. Actually a good movie.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, res308 said:

I never got into horror movies. They make me want to go to sleep. But most definitely another vote for Young Frankenstein! If I wasn't having to work I might just watch Blazing Saddles for Halloween night. ;)

I love Blazing Saddles too. I talked my dad into taking me to it when it hit the screen. He couldn't understand what I found so funny. He liked English humor.

45 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

I love Blazing Saddles too. I talked my dad into taking me to it when it hit the screen. He couldn't understand what I found so funny. He liked English humor.

We finally made my parents watch it a few years ago. They just didn't get why we were laughing hysterically. 

Work, work, work, .....  :D  

• Moderators

I'd have to say "Scream" is at the top of my list. All four were decent, the first definitely the best.

However, I recently watched "Viktor Frankenstein" and "Dracula Untold". Both of those were quite enjoyable. 

I'm reading Salem's Lot (King) again right now. It's a nice Halloween book.

Young Frankenstein ftw!

If you don't mind reading subtitles, I recommend Troll. It's a Norwegian flic (or maybe Swedish... I don't remember)... quirky and fun but still "scary". But if we're talking straight horror instead of horror / comedy (did I mention "Tucker and Dale vs Evil") I've got to go with John Carpenter's "The Thing"... classic.