Need help on book title

Hey guys, I am going to show my old age kicking in. I read a book about SHTF about 5-6 years ago and cannot remember the title. The family had been in Walmart and the guy noticed all the checkers having issues, he goes to sporting goods to pickup a few more boxes of ammo, tells his wife to get home, fillup truck if no lines. He went to local hardware store for some added items, he knew the owner well and he let him and a few more to get stuff for later payment. Thanks upfront. Mac

5 hours ago, bersaguy said:

There has been hundreds of books written on this subject. Finding that particular one is like a needle in a haystack.........JMHO

https://morethanjustsurviving.com/best-survival-books/

That list is a bit more like "How to Survive" than a fiction novel.

My list has some of the same books. 

http://leveledsurvival.com/recommended-books/

@Dirtshooter So anything else you can remember? My GoogleFu is coming up.empty.

23 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Hey guys, I am going to show my old age kicking in. I read a book about SHTF about 5-6 years ago and cannot remember the title. The family had been in Walmart and the guy noticed all the checkers having issues, he goes to sporting goods to pickup a few more boxes of ammo, tells his wife to get home, fillup truck if no lines. He went to local hardware store for some added items, he knew the owner well and he let him and a few more to get stuff for later payment. Thanks upfront. Mac

Can you remember anymore parts about the book. What was it based on past, present,future? Survival, 2nd Depression?

14 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

A few years back, I read some of Adrien's (sp?) Undead Diary. On line blog like postings.

Not married, but similar urban style encounters.

If I recall, his home base was an abandoned private college.

Will keep checking in to see if the book is identified. 

I read that one...excellent online series...

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Thanks for everyone straining your brains. Prag that title is familiar, but I searched some and that isn't it. I have read enough books that my OLD hard drive in brain tends to get them mixed up. Ya'll don't strain your brains too much. 

I think the main problem is there have been so many books written on the subject that are similar yet different it is like looking for a needle in a field of haystacks. I hope you find your book again............:up: