$119.99 Mosin with pictures!

On 11/19/2018 at 12:39 PM, Quavodus said:

Hows it coming along?

havent had much time to work on it due to stuff at work and here at home keeping me busy, i also havent found a place that can do the sand blasting for a decent amount, so i am probably going to wait until after christmas to do more

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey everyone now that the holidays are over, i am trying to find a way to get this thing sand blasted and have decided to get one of these https://www.harborfreight.com/21-oz-hopper-gravity-feed-spot-blaster-gun-95793.html i know its cheap and probably wont last long but i hope it will last long enough even if i have to fiddle with it a bit to get the job done

Edited by luke9511
4 minutes ago, luke9511 said:

hey everyone now that the holidays are over, i am trying to find a way to get this thing sand blasted and have decided to get one of these https://www.harborfreight.com/21-oz-hopper-gravity-feed-spot-blaster-gun-95793.html i know its cheap and probably wont last long but i hope it will last long enough even if i have to fiddle with it a bit to get the job done

I bought one of those and it sucked.   Just didn't seem to feed well.   I bought this one instead and it works pretty decently. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/portable-abrasive-blaster-kit-37025.html

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, luke9511 said:

what grits can it use?

Couldn't tell you exactly.   I only use soda in mine because I use it for aluminum silencer cleaning.  

This is from the description.  

• Hopper takes most abrasives: steel grit, glass beads, pecan shells and more
  • Like 1

The problem with all of these cheap blasters is the nozzle and inserts they use.  Any media which is even close to aggressive will wear the inserts out quickly, sometimes in minutes.  Be prepared to either buy a lot of spares, or look at better blast systems with hardier nozzle materials.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 10/29/2018 at 9:02 PM, monkeylizard said:

I guess Ivan forgot to pee down the barrel after using corrosive ammo.

:D

Looks like he didn't understand the directions so he just peed on the whole rifle . Use evaporust to soak it in , you can buy it at tractor supply . Won't be any bluing left but it doesn't look like there would be much anyway .  Did you ask at the local monument place . The one by Springhill Cemetery in Nashville used to do Harley frames for me for not too much , cheaper than stripper and the car wash .

Edited by Eddie Southgate
7 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Does anybody know if they will ever import any more Mosins?

I wouldn’t count on it.  Some may trickle in from time to time and those importers that might have been sitting on a hoard will turn some loose, but the days of $100 Mosins are long gone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I wouldn’t count on it.  Some may trickle in from time to time and those importers that might have been sitting on a hoard will turn some loose, but the days of $100 Mosins are long gone.

You gotta strike while the iron is hot. I picked up a few cheap, and seriously considered buying a crate of them when they were available. The wife did not share my enthusiasm so I didn’t go through with it.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, Quavodus said:

Does anybody know if they will ever import any more Mosins?

Updating a long-dead thread, but there actually have been some Mosins imported this year.  One of Finland's biggest collectors recently started liquidating at least part of his collection (rumored to number 20k rifles), Century brought in a bunch of M28's and M28/30's which have been gradually making their way to distributors this summer.  Anyone who's still looking for the proverbial $100 Mosin will be disappointed though, most of these are selling quickly at $800 and up ...

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...