Gandpaw going high tech-er

bersaguy

Back about 6 months ago or a little longer my grandson gave me a Samsung 7 smart phone and sad he put the easiest program to operate in it so I would have a smart phone. Well so far the phone is still smarer than Grandpaw in many cases. Today he just called me to tell me Friday he is bringing me his old Laptop Computer cause he just bought a new one. He asked me what program I am using on my desk top and I told him Windows 7 and he said ok cause that is what is on it. So either Friday or Saturday I will e going higher tech than I am now.

He said he will put any programs I want that are on my desktop and it will all be at my fingertips and I would not need a mouse to operate it. I told him I like using a mouse and he ask if i had an extra one and I said yes so he said he will put in on the lap top if I want it on there just by plugging it into a USB port. But he said I might want to use the finger first and see if I like it. So like I said I will be higher Tech this weekend. Will be a nice backup if my desk top ever had to go into the shop anyway. He said the laptop will also be much faster also...............:panic:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Sounds like a fine kid.

Yea, he was the one everyone else in the family gave up on and said he would never amount to anything except his Grandpaw. He developed ADHA at age 3 and became a holy terror and was out of control a lot. The doctors finally put him on Ritlin and at age 5 he was almost zombie like. He had a doctors appointment and I told my daughter I was going with her. She had her say and the doctor said there was no other treatment and I got my time with the doctor and I asked him if he ever actually spent time talking to him or was it easier to just shove pills at him. That kind of caught the doctor off guard. Someone was challenging him decision. At first he wanted to argue but he thought better or it.

He instead took Matt into his office while I sat there and actually talked with Matt and found out Matt could carry on a conversation for a 5 year old. The doctor wrote a different prescription. With in about 2 weeks we could see a difference in him. He didn't get mad at everything he was told to do such as pick up his toys and when he did I told my daughter to whip his butt but just enough to get his attention and tell him he is going to listen to you when you talk to him. I also told her not to every yell at him.

He is my step daughter's son but I claim all them as my kids. Any way Matt was able to go to school and maintain a normal grade level. He had a little sister and a little brother. Because of his ADHD he is considered handicap but they have advanced so much with it since he was young all he needs now is 1 shot a month and he lives a normal life. He got s scholarship and went to a Technical College and now works in Computer Technology. So yea, it was tough going when he was first diagnosed with it but by my never giving up on him the rest of the family was not allow to and it turned out alright.  

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 7

I want to tell one more little story about him that shocked everyone but me I guess. Margie and I took care of the 3 grandchildren in the morning getting them off to school and keeping them after school till their parents got home. Now since Matt had ADHA he fell under DHS health care and they were responsible for his health care. I myself have never had much use for them but it is what it is. Anyway Matt is in the 5th grade, Dani is in 3rd grade and lil Ritchie was in 1st. It was late Spring and kind of warm weather so Margie had dressed them in short pants outfits. Well that previous weekend they had been over visiting on Satuday and Matt was playing Tarzan and fell out of a small tree in our back yard. Nothing broken, but a small cut covered with a bandaid and a bruise on his hip abut the size of a golf ball.

Off to school they go. Matt is doing his studies when the teacher had noticed the bruise and Matt said he fell out of a tree and my Gramma's house. The teacher said ok but 30 minutes later she asked him again hw he got the bruise and once again he told her about the tree. Well the teacher was not getting the answer she wanted cause on the 5th time of asking him before lunch he looked at her and said my daddy beat me.

During Lunch the teacher call DHS and reprts an abused child and an 2 hours later a man and a woman from DHS was at our home and the only thing they would tell us was they had a report and were following up on it and would tell us more when the children arrived. They were almost treating us like criminals.

Well the kids got home and the woman began asking their names and then she said Matthew, I need to ask you a question and I need you to tell me the truth. How did you get that bruise on your leg and he said my daddy beat me and Dani screamed Bubba your lying, you know you got that when you fell out of the tree and Matt said I know Dani. So the woman ask him why he lied and he said well my teacher ask me how I got it and I told her the truth about the tree and she didn't believe me and she ask me 3 more times and I told her the truth and the last time she ask me I told her a lie so she would quit asking me.

Now this is a 5th grader that was smart enough to out manuever a school teacher so she will quit asking him to lie. The guy that was with the woman said I think we are done here and we are very sorry for taking up your time and they went out, got in their car and left. It took everything I had to not bust out laughing before they got out the door but that shows how smart Matt was in 5th grade. So yea he's a fine kid greg and smart too..........:clap: 

Edited by bersaguy