New range opening soon.

The old Gallatin Gun Club is now the Middle Tennessee Sporting Association. We have a new location that we own and invite you to join  as member of the range. We will have a 30+ bench rifle shed for 100-400 yard ranges, 2 trap stations and starting with 5 pistol bays. All the ranges are separated from each other with no overlap. Rifle ranges are on schedule to be completed by December 2018 with completion of the pistol bays and trap ranges by spring of 2019. IDPA, USPSA, 3-gun, ATA, high power, small bore and bench rest chair persons are planning  events. These events will be slow starting at first because of ongoing construction. Stay tune for developments. We are planning on range improvements and adding new facilities in coming years as we grow. Oh yes, an Archery range is also in the works.

Dues are a $200 one time application fee and $200 the first time then $200 per year after that. We have open spots, join with us as we grow. NRA membership is required alone with a clean record. ( It is a gun range after all)

Contact Shawn Dorris at 615-452-5894 or shawndorris@comcast.net  Mailing address is Middle Tennessee Sporting Association, PO Box 8846, Gallatin TN 37066

Range address is 319 Dry Branch RD, Dixon Springs TN 37057. This is just off highway 10 south of Layette TN.  

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 7:31 AM, TNman207 said:

The $400 startup membership fee is a bit much for me. Look forward to participating in USPSA/IDPA events as a guest. Congratulations on your new range.

The big private range in Memphis has a similar fee.   Everyone says the same thing and after they visit, they start seriously considering paying.  Most can afford it and find a way.  Some can't.   I think you find that it's worth it.  

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

The big private range in Memphis has a similar fee.   Everyone says the same thing and after they visit, they start seriously considering paying.  Most can afford it and find a way.  Some can't.   I think you find that it's worth it.  

The first time I visited out there I told myself that the cost was a little too steep ($400 to join and $200 per yr. membership). By the time I decided to take the leap, it had gone up to $500 and $300. :wall:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

The first time I visited out there I told myself that the cost was a little too steep ($400 to join and $200 per yr. membership). By the time I decided to take the leap, it had gone up to $500 and $300. :wall:

I joined when it was 400 initiation and 240 per year.   It was steep but I had no place else to shoot rifle so I made it work. I haven't regretted it yet.  

• Like 1

Question......I have been on the Gallatin Gun Club membership waiting list for years, slowly working my way up to the top, but never got there.

Under the new name of MTSA, are its directors the same good folks, or is this an entirely new venture?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This sounds pretty good to me, I know I emailed about joining when you where the GGC I wanted to know more about this but never got a reply back.  If I can know more about this I would be interested in joining up as I am looking for a place out doors for me and my family.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:59 PM, xsubsailor said:

It's a nice range but at those prices I'll continue driving an hour to Desoto Rifle and Pistol in Como, MS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 7:13 AM, tnhawk said:

It's a nice range but at those prices I'll continue driving an hour to Desoto Rifle and Pistol in Como, MS.

That does seem a little steep for a range that only goes out to 400 yards....

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MikeW said:

That does seem a little steep for a range that only goes out to 400 yards....

600 yards.   But the price isn't just for the long range rifle.  Its for  all of the disciplines.   There is a old west town for the SASS guys.  An Action Pistol range for the IDPA/IPSC and 3 gun guys.   Trap and Skeet and a trail through the woods  and a wobble stand for the shotguns.  A static pistol range.   There is an archery range and two ponds to fish.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...