Capbyrd

How bullets move through the air

A YouTube channel called SmarterEveryDay recently posted a video about Shockwave Shadows.  He uses mirrors and high speed cameras to capture stuff that isn't visible to our naked eyes.  His name is Destin.   Destin started by filming a 50 cal round moving and then went down to 300blk supers and then subs.   And the footage of the subs is really fascinating, especially when he goes to an expert.  Then he filmed a revolver with the same technique.  Check out all of that gas from the cylinder gap. 

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing Cap. The revolver was especially neat. It makes me wonder what we inhale while shooting. 

• Like 2

SmarterEveryDay is one of my favorite Youtube channels.  He does some really cool videos.

• Like 2

Cool stuff. Watch his video about riding a bike.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Cool stuff. Watch his video about riding a bike.

I'm a long time subscriber of Destin's.  I've seen just about everything he's posted and listen to his podcast.  The backwards bicycle is definitely one of the cooler things that he's ever done.  

And the follow up shows how a silencer changes the blast.  

• Like 1

Yep it is cool. Now to the people that sat down and figured out how a suppressor works, and that schlirien thing, mirrors and all is just mind blowing.