Tennessee Safe program. Wants Eddie Eagle out

n0rlf

Help me out here…other than teachers doing parents jobs; what are we getting upset about? As I read that story MDA is going to talk to the parents; not the kids. Based on what I see on their website, they are going to hammer on the parents more about who to vote for than gun safety. Some of you should go and let us know what they say.

I’ll add this, of the six shootings in Tennessee that the Safe Tennessee Project have posted on their website, all but one were people over 17 handling the gun, in one case the person was 10. Leaving an unattended firearm in a vehicle with a 10 year old that killed his 9 year old sister is a problem. I’m not sure that a parent that would do this would go to any of these meetings. Do adults really need to be told not to leave a loaded gun unattended in their car with their young children, even if those kids have been trained about firearms?

My experience as a former cop showed me that there are parents that do not care about their kids, even a little bit, and some don’t even pretend to. Kids of parents that do pay attention to what is going on in their kids’ lives and have discussion about what they are taught in school will probably be unaffected by some of the nonsense they are being taught.

Firearm safety needs to be taught at home. But unfortunately for many kids that won’t happen and the only information they get will be at school.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, RED333 said:

Well it is Franklin, the town has gone to the left for some time.

Yea, over the last 8 or 10 years from what few friends I have left down that way and are looking at moving also have told me that more and more Yankees and people from New England states have settled in Franklin and the politics have changed in the town. 

If Franklin is viewed as "gone to the left" I hate to think how one would view metro Nashville and Memphis.  Franklin is hardly left leaning.  Only 2 precincts in Williamson County voted majority in favor of Bredesen who might be viewed individually as a true moderate Dem ( not withstanding how he might have voted up in DC once in the clutches of the party leadership).  

You are right things are changing... but it will be another decade or more before the demographics and population density favor left leaning social agenda.  The lack of Republicans acting like real Republicans instead of RINO's, at the state and national level, is doing as much damage as the demographic changes to those with true conservative and libertarian leanings.

Edited by Divotmaker
  • Like 1