New Brownells 1911

ken_mays

Now.... this!

BRN-1911

Inspired by the Classic Custom 1911 of the '80s - Built by Ed Brown & Available ONLY from Brownells
The Brownells BRN-1911 Retro Custom Government Pistol is the first handgun in our Retro line of vintage-inspired firearms. We developed it in partnership with Ed Brown, a legendary name in custom 1911s, a maker of second-to-none 1911 parts, and a longtime Brownells partner. The BRN-1911 harkens back to classic custom 1911s of the 1980s, when customization of the "Forty-Five" moved beyond simply installing target sights and really took off.

The BRN-1911's classic '80s features include the two-tone color scheme, Bo-Mar type adjustable sights, fine checkering on the front strap, crisply checkered double-diamond Cocobolo grips, and an overall uncluttered, elegant appearance.

With the BRN-1911 you get a full-size Government Model with a match-grade 5" barrel. The slide of blued carbon steel looks like a classic military 1911 slide with the skinny, vertical serrations at the rear - but forget about the looseness and sloppiness of an old G.I. 1911! When it comes to fit and finish, the BRN-1911 slide is pure Ed Brown. To underscore our pistol's clean appearance, there are no markings on this slide. It's topped with a fully windage/elevation adjustable Bo-Mar rear sight (still the best in the eyes of many 1911 aficionados), paired with a square-profile front sight with crisp anti-glare serrations on its rear face.

416 stainless steel frame
4140 carbon steel slide, blued finish
416 stainless steel match-grade barrel & bushing
Adjustable Bo-Mar rear sight
Adjustable target trigger
Internal parts: all Ed Brown, all the time!
Two 7-rd magazines included
Comes with padded pistol case

Down below, the frame of natural-finish stainless steel contrasts handsomely with the slide, a popular look in the 1980s. The frame and ALL of the internal components are CNC machined - no penny-pinching MIM stuff here! Of course, the fire control group parts - hammer, trigger, sear, disconnector - are ALL Ed Brown, resulting in one sweet trigger pull. The high-grip extended beavertail grip safety protects the web of your hand from dreaded 1911 "hammer bite," while the 25 lpi checking on the front strap gives you excellent "purchase" for recoil control.

Each BRN-1911 Retro Custom Government Pistol ships in a Brownells Signature Series pistol case. Modern-day raceguns offer still more bells-n-whistles, but we dare you to find a 1911 that is more comfortable - and fun! - to shoot. The pride of ownership in possessing a superb custom 1911 from one of the premier custom shops is just a bonus.

brn1911.jpg

Edited by ken_mays

looks well made,not sure if its an 80s or 70s series ....I like it BUT 

I hate two tone 1911s..

I can buy a brand like DW which has more features including bevels and crown work and have a grand left over or Les Baer and have something with a legendary name

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 2

Brownell's runs sales on their firearms constantly.  I would imagine that this will be regularly available for well under the 2500 MSRP.  

And it's not that surprising that another 1911 option would pop up in that price range.  Even Ruger just announced their "Custom Shop" and the first two guns coming out of it are a 650 dollar 10/22 and a 2500 dollar 1911. 

On 11/7/2018 at 1:07 PM, SWJewellTN said:

I never had a problem dealing with Ed Brown. :shrug: 

Not that I've ever had to; in fact, I'd say the Brown I own is flawless.   But you can't even talk about Brown with other 1911 guys without someone moaning about Brown being mean to him on the phone.