On 11/13/2018 at 7:50 AM, my82cam said:

So, do you paper mail your trust and finger prints? How does that work.  

Just the fingerprint cards and a cover letter.  Everything else, trust doc and picture and RPQ are uploaded to the eforms site. 

22 hours ago, my82cam said:

Just got on there and read requirements.  I don't see how people could get approvals in 2 weeks, not with paper sending the finger print cards

Some people are claiming that its only people that are already listed as RP's on FFL's that are getting them back that fast but I haven't seen any confirmation of that.  I have seen the approvals so I know that people are getting F1's back in as little as 12 days.  I just don't know if they had to send in fingerprint cards or not.  

4 minutes ago, my82cam said:

I sure wish they would figure out a quicker way to get form 4s approved faster.  I am 3 months in on a "new" machine gun and can not wait to get her in my dirty hands!

Awesome.  Whatcha gettin?  

And my understanding is that they are hoping to have eform 4's online after the new year.  

It's a converted Colt SP1,  I have always wanted an M16 since I was 10!  I sold everything, ate Ramen noodles, drank Keystone beer and saved my money up for one.  I have a Mac 10, they are a good combo.  Sub gun, and carbines.  Both have several different uppers and configurations available, which I love.  With the rising cost of machine guns, it is hard to drop that much on a gun that can not be converted or changed to anything else.  

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, my82cam said:

It's a converted Colt SP1,  I have always wanted an M16 since I was 10!  I sold everything, ate Ramen noodles, drank Keystone beer and saved my money up for one.  I have a Mac 10, they are a good combo.  Sub gun, and carbines.  Both have several different uppers and configurations available, which I love.  With the rising cost of machine guns, it is hard to drop that much on a gun that can not be converted or changed to anything else.  

That's awesome.  I'd still love to get a Mac but I can't shake the want for an AC556.  I really need to start saving for one.  

The AC556 is a good option for 556 full auto, can be had around 10-12k right now, but that is all it will ever be.  Well, there are some 22 conversions but not sure how good they are.   So, how about kill several birds with one stone?   If you get a mac m11, there are several uppers ranging from 22, 9mm, 5.56 and a guy is starting to making a 7.62 upper that takes ak-47 mags.  

9 minutes ago, my82cam said:

The AC556 is a good option for 556 full auto, can be had around 10-12k right now, but that is all it will ever be.  Well, there are some 22 conversions but not sure how good they are.   So, how about kill several birds with one stone?   If you get a mac m11, there are several uppers ranging from 22, 9mm, 5.56 and a guy is starting to making a 7.62 upper that takes ak-47 mags.  

Oh I'm perfectly aware.  But I'm a Ruger nut.  I've wanted an AC556 since I was a kid watching the A-Team.  It's an itch that I can't get to go away and I'm going to have to scratch it at some point.  

I'll still get a Mac, it just won't be first.  

1 hour ago, my82cam said:

Did you get it in state or out of state?

Since it's a Colt it will be a inspec lower!!! slab side/big pin lower?

Just now, Johnny Rotten said:

Did you get it in state or out of state?

Since it's a Colt it will be a inspec lower!!! slab side/big pin lower?

Transfer from Texas to my dealer took about 90 days.  Started my form back in mid August.  Yeah, it is a large pin slab side.  Actually, hate that it is a large pin and slab side, but I got what I consider to be a good deal and couldn't pass it up.  I am converting it to a small pin that will use the KNS push pin take down, instead of dealing with adapters and such.  They suck, I have already played with them enough to know they need to go away. lol

1 minute ago, my82cam said:

Transfer from Texas to my dealer took about 90 days.  Started my form back in mid August.  Yeah, it is a large pin slab side.  Actually, hate that it is a large pin and slab side, but I got what I consider to be a good deal and couldn't pass it up.  I am converting it to a small pin that will use the KNS push pin take down, instead of dealing with adapters and such.  They suck, I have already played with them enough to know they need to go away. lol

Someone in the NFA group was talking about their conversion for these recently.  I think it was Jeb Burnett in Arkansas that does them.   Looked like a solid conversion that was removable if you ever saw the need.  

Cool, couple nights ago my heart skipped a beat when on subguns a guy here in Tn posted a never fired M60 E1 for $33k, started thinking about it, pulled it back up and he edited it to $15k and a post sample.😥

• Haha 1

Funny, enough, I bought a conversion kit from him, seems solid but I want to make it permanent before I get it refinished.  

Cool.  From what I saw, they look like a really nicely built conversion.  

And I just received an email from the ATF.  The status of my eform has changed to Approved.   Filed 11/1 and approved on 11/14.  

13 minutes ago, my82cam said:

Dang! 2 weeks is insane.  I have no plans for any SBRs in the future, I wouldn't mind an SBS but don't have a good host at the moment.  

I picked up an H&R single shot for 50 bucks about a year ago.   Think that would make a fun SBS?