Working the Ammo Deals

49 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

I think I got you all beat. . . Back before Black Friday when Academy was selling 22LR Federal that worked out to around 2.5c/rd after rebate, I ordered 4 cases from their site. I only got 4 because I was able to get 1 case of .45ACP in store and the rebate was only good for 5 cases. . .

Imagine my surprise when two FedEx boxes were delivered with 4 cases of 22LR in each box. Packing slips show two shipment #s on the same order #. I double-checked PayPal, only charged once. Now I'm an honest guy so I called Academy. The CSR couldn't figure out what happened and didn't show a double shipment. He said hang on a minute, then about 5 minutes later came back and said "Christmas came early. Enjoy."

WOOHOO!

So 1.25 cents per round...You are the winner. Lol

3 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

I think I got you all beat. . . Back before Black Friday when Academy was selling 22LR Federal that worked out to around 2.5c/rd after rebate, I ordered 4 cases from their site. I only got 4 because I was able to get 1 case of .45ACP in store and the rebate was only good for 5 cases. . .

Imagine my surprise when two FedEx boxes were delivered with 4 cases of 22LR in each box. Packing slips show two shipment #s on the same order #. I double-checked PayPal, only charged once. Now I'm an honest guy so I called Academy. The CSR couldn't figure out what happened and didn't show a double shipment. He said hang on a minute, then about 5 minutes later came back and said "Christmas came early. Enjoy."

WOOHOO!

It’s the season of sharing...just saying. 

13 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

Yeah and I had to go dig my boxes out of the trash! I'll learn to read the instructions first the next time LOL.

I submitted online 12/2 and of course they are still "pending review". I imagine they received an incredibly large amount of rebate applications.

All in time...

In the past, ammo rebates I've filled out usually took from 6 weeks to 6 months to pay off.  Eventually, all of them have paid up though ...

• Like 1

I submitted Deer Camp Cash rebate that started this thread off on 11/12.  Received a Qualified notification on 11/26.  Other than that status still shows as processing.

Submitted the Black Pack rebate on 11/25.  Qualification shows as Pending Review.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Ad says $3400 after MIR.  I bet shipping would be costly on this too ...

Last night there was a different code to use.nto get tg at price. This is what do see now. Sorry I posted it more joking. I shoukd have grabbed the code. It may have expired.

Maybe try code L37 too 10% off

Backorder - FEDERAL LAKE CITY 5.56MM NATO XM855 BARREL - $3835 w/code "LEC" ($3335 after $500 MIR) + $19.95 S/H
Edited by Ronald_55
15 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Last night there was a different code to use.nto get tg at price. This is what do see now. Sorry I posted it more joking. I shoukd have grabbed the code. It may have expired.

Backorder - FEDERAL LAKE CITY 5.56MM NATO XM855 BARREL - $3835 w/code "LEC" ($3335 after $500 MIR) + $19.95 S/H

THE Q&A's at this listing inquire about shipping. Kinda funny actually. The weight is 354 pounds and obviously isn't inexpensive to ship. Brownell's says they contact you to discuss shipping...see below.

The one review is what I find funny. I think the guy bought it more for the barrel than the ammo. 🙄

Brownells:"We will call you to approve that cost after it is calculated using your zip code.   Under 200 lbs can ship FedEx or UPS ground for $9.95.  This weighs 354 lbs it will need to ship by truck and will cost the have to be calculated for the shipping.  Unfortunately, this is not covered under any promo, such as those for free shipping or Edge program."

10 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

How about a 55gal drum of 5.56? 😁

Those ammo drums are maybe half the size of a 55 gal. drum.  Kinda disappointing when you see one in person.  Academy has them from time to time.

Edited by Garufa
Just now, Ronald_55 said:

Why so?

I filled it out and attached pictures. I didn't notice I'd filled out the wrong one until I hit submit, and it said I was out of the date range. I then picked the correct one and started over. Had to make a couple of trips to the basement to make more pictures. I wish they'd just knock $20 off the price.

11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I filled it out and attached pictures. I didn't notice I'd filled out the wrong one until I hit submit, and it said I was out of the date range. I then picked the correct one and started over. Had to make a couple of trips to the basement to make more pictures. I wish they'd just knock $20 off the price.

Yep, but at least they have gotten away from the stupid visa cards loaded with $10 ( or whatever).

They will not stop it though because

1. It keeps people from price matching. Most of the places will only match the out the door price.

2. They get to use $20 x 100000 people for 8-10 weeks. 

3 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Yep, but at least they have gotten away from the stupid visa cards loaded with $10 ( or whatever).

1. It keeps people from price matching. Most of the places will only match the out the door price.

They also know that a significant number of people will never get around to sending in the rebate. I bet we would be surprised at the percentage. If 25% don't take the rebate that would be a lot of money.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received e-mail confirmation that my rebates were approved and payment should be mailed out in about 4 weeks.

I'm happy!  :)

At least I received some communication and quite honestly much sooner than I anticipated.

iirc I sent my paperwork/photos in on 12/2/18

Be watching your e-mails folks.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:21 PM, Ronald_55 said:

Monday I received my rebates from the Deer Camp “cash” promo.  They’re definitely not prepaid Visa cards, they’re prepaid Master Cards!  With an expiration date of 6/19.

Got confirmation on the Black Pack rebates yesterday so I expect another MC in the mail in about four weeks.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Monday I received my rebates from the Deer Camp “cash” promo.  They’re definitely not prepaid Visa cards, they’re prepaid Master Cards!  With an expiration date of 6/19.

Got confirmation on the Black Pack rebates yesterday so I expect another MC in the mail in about four weeks.

Dang it. My last rebates were postcard checks... I hate the cards. Hard to use them all without pumping exact gas or something.