Working the Ammo Deals

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Dang it. My last rebates were postcard checks... I hate the cards. Hard to use them all without pumping exact gas or something. 

Most places, except gas stations, can swipe the card and it will use it up and leave a balance to be paid. Re: restaurant, grocery store or pharmacies are great places to do this. I had 3 cards that had small amounts left on them and used all 3 at a restaurant then paid final bill with credit card. Lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Most places, except gas stations, can swipe the card and it will use it up and leave a balance to be paid. Re: restaurant, grocery store or pharmacies are great places to do this. I had 3 cards that had small amounts left on them and used all 3 at a restaurant then paid final bill with credit card. Lol

These blasted cards say debit on front and back but the instructions say to run as CREDIT.  You even have to go online to activate and select a PIN.

It’s still money back in my hands though but it is annoying.

Edited by Garufa
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Garufa said:

These blasted cards say debit on front and back but the instructions say to run as CREDIT.  You even have to go online to activate and select a PIN.

It’s still money back in my hands though but it is annoying.

Should still work as I described. I think the last ones I did that way said debit. But I've slept since then so no guarantee. Lol

2 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Should still work as I described. I think the last ones I did that way said debit. But I've slept since then so no guarantee. Lol

They do work that way.  You can go online  and check your balance anytime.  

On 12/27/2018 at 5:45 PM, Ronald_55 said:

Dang it. My last rebates were postcard checks... I hate the cards. Hard to use them all without pumping exact gas or something. 

I just buy Amazon gift cards with them. That's where I do most of my shopping anyway.

ETA: Guess I should read the whole thread :P

Edited by JeffL
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

Excellent!

Was the envelope clearly marked?

It'd be just my luck to think it was junk mail and toss it in the trash 😑

They send you an email with what to look out for when it ships.

I got my Black Pack rebate a couple of weeks ago.  That was right at 8 weeks after submission.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
On 12/9/2018 at 9:35 PM, monkeylizard said:

I think I got you all beat. . . Back before Black Friday when Academy was selling 22LR Federal that worked out to around 2.5c/rd after rebate, I ordered 4 cases from their site. I only got 4 because I was able to get 1 case of .45ACP in store and the rebate was only good for 5 cases. . .

Imagine my surprise when two FedEx boxes were delivered with 4 cases of 22LR in each box. Packing slips show two shipment #s on the same order #. I double-checked PayPal, only charged once. Now I'm an honest guy so I called Academy. The CSR couldn't figure out what happened and didn't show a double shipment. He said hang on a minute, then about 5 minutes later came back and said "Christmas came early. Enjoy."

WOOHOO!

I think wonderful there are still some honest folks around (to call them and point out their error). NICE they rewarded you (maybe would not have if their records made sense to them). 

GOOD DEAL. 

BTW -- I get E Mails from Floyd's Golf and Guns (Sevierville, TN) - recent Valentine Special  showed Remington Thunderbolt 500 Rounds for $12.99 (add tax estimated $1.20) = $14.20 (rounded off)  $0.0284 per round.

Not bad for a walk in and walk out buy from local dealer. No shipping involved and no DANG Rebate Forms.  

TAURUS G2C for $199 (about typical).   

PS: Interested in their E Mails? - contact them and get on their list.  They don't bug you with E Mails (just now and then). 

Edited by PAULSHOOT
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

We should have a contest to see who can whittle their cards down to the lowest unusable balance possible.

i have one with a 6 cent balance and another with 7 cents.

Lol. I usually pump the last bit off mine at the gas station. Not that 6 cents would be worth it.