Garufa

Working the Ammo Deals

23 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Dang it. My last rebates were postcard checks... I hate the cards. Hard to use them all without pumping exact gas or something. 

Most places, except gas stations, can swipe the card and it will use it up and leave a balance to be paid. Re: restaurant, grocery store or pharmacies are great places to do this. I had 3 cards that had small amounts left on them and used all 3 at a restaurant then paid final bill with credit card. Lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Dang it. My last rebates were postcard checks... I hate the cards. Hard to use them all without pumping exact gas or something. 

I hate them as well.  

3 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Most places, except gas stations, can swipe the card and it will use it up and leave a balance to be paid. Re: restaurant, grocery store or pharmacies are great places to do this. I had 3 cards that had small amounts left on them and used all 3 at a restaurant then paid final bill with credit card. Lol

These blasted cards say debit on front and back but the instructions say to run as CREDIT.  You even have to go online to activate and select a PIN.

It’s still money back in my hands though but it is annoying.

Edited by Garufa

1 minute ago, Garufa said:

These blasted cards say debit on front and back but the instructions say to run as CREDIT.  You even have to go online to activate and select a PIN.

It’s still money back in my hands though but it is annoying.

Should still work as I described. I think the last ones I did that way said debit. But I've slept since then so no guarantee. Lol

2 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Should still work as I described. I think the last ones I did that way said debit. But I've slept since then so no guarantee. Lol

They do work that way.  You can go online  and check your balance anytime.  

49 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I hate them as well.  

I got some of those from T-mobile a couple years back. Ended up just giving up remembering the last few $s.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:45 PM, Ronald_55 said:

I just buy Amazon gift cards with them. That's where I do most of my shopping anyway.

ETA: Guess I should read the whole thread :P

Edited by JeffL