LTS Food Sale items Fall 2018

In the vein of Black Friday sales and in order to not clutter Black Friday listings for guns & ammo etc, I thought I'd post this in the Survival and Preparedness subsection.

I received this link in an e-mail from The Ready Store. I've done business with them for several years now and have always been pleased with the products they carry.

I've tried the Chicken & Rice (#10 can) and the pancake mix. While not exactly homemade, they are pretty darn good. We garden, freeze, can, dehydrate and store bulk purchase foods (repackage and seal in Mylar etc,) even have some MRE's on hand. These are simply additional options to consider for supplemental and emergency use.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone has an interest or see the need.

https://www.thereadystore.com/on-sale/sale-4?utm_campaign=20181113a+(H4Sxw9)&utm_medium=email&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJqYWNrc29uLmphbWllQGdtYWlsLmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIk1OS1lpeiJ9&utm_source=Sales+%26+Promotions+Subscribers+Tier+3

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Have you ordered MREs from them and if so, were they tolerable?  I've thought about getting a few to keep on hand.

No Sir.

The last time I ordered some MRE's it was from MREDepot.

https://www.mredepot.com/

The missus and I actually ate a couple of MRE's from 2005 last week. The still in surprisingly good shape. The water activated heaters had died, but after that length of time I'm not surprised.

• Like 1

@Shorty I've found the greatest benefit of something like MRE's is that if/when an event occurs that disrupts food supply or requires your time, energy, and immediate attention then minimal prep foods like MRE's frees you from more time consuming meal preps.

My personal experience and first hand benefit has been post hurricane cleanup. But there are countless examples that can come from our Pre-incident Assessment Needs.

Just my ever devaluing $.02 worth...

• 3 weeks later...

I received the below link from MidwayUSA this morning.

It's a good value for Wise foods. It lists as 21 packets per bucket. I've tried Wise foods when they first came out (they used to send out samples). It's pretty darn good for LTS foods, but the servings usually seem small to most folks. I view them as strictly supplemental and only a portion of your food storage plan.

$99.00 for a bucket this size is pretty decent pricing imho.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/725839/wise-company-160-serving-essential-preparedness-freeze-dried-food-kit?utm_source=hot-buy&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-image-link&utm_campaign=wise-food

Package Includes:

• Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini (4 Total Servings)
  • Savory Stroganoff (4 Total Servings)
  • Cheesy Mac (4 Total Servings)
  • Hearty Tortilla Soup (4 Total Servings)
  • Pasta Alfredo (4 Total Servings)
  • Chicken Flavored Noodle Soup (4 Total Servings)
  • Southwest Beans & Rice (4 Total Servings)
  • Teriyaki & Rice (8 Total Servings)
  • Loaded Baked Potato (4 Total Servings)
  • Rice Pilaf (16 Total Servings)
  • Brown Sugar & Maple Multi-Grain (4 Total Servings)
  • Powdered Eggs (24 Total Servings)
  • Chocolate Pudding (8 Total Servings)
  • Yogurt (8 Total Servings)
  • Freeze Dried Strawberries (8 Total Servings)
  • Freeze Dried Corn (8 Total Servings)
  • Orange Delight Drink (16 Total Servings)
  • Whey Milk Alternative (28 Total Servings)