Hopeful new resident soon!

Oak Ridge Sportsmens Assn (ORSA) is located in Oak Ridge TN.  ORSAONLINE.ORG is the website so you can roam around there and see if it is of any interest to you.  I'm a member there, lots of good people along with a few not so good people, but it's that way anywhere you go I would guess.  There is another range north of Oak Ridge but cannot remember the name at this time, a more relaxed place from what I've heard.  There is a public gun range on Rifle Range Road in N Knoxville IIRC as well, but have not been to either of the last two places.  Another private gun range is located outside Athens TN, mid way between Knoxville and Chattanooga, off I-75S, exit 49.  I have not been to the one near Athens either.  

Guess it will depend on what area you re-locate to, and go from there.  GL

Welcome aboard. Knoxville is a good area... growing as Bersa mentioned, but there's lots of good folks around here.

I'm an ORSA member and jpx is 100% correct on his assessment of the range and members. The Action Pistol side is exceptionally good imho.

The range north of Knoxville (Oliver Springs) is Windrock and it's run by a solid guy. Link: http://www.windrockshootingrange.com/

Conservative gun owners are always welcome @innocent bystander  

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

You're most welcome here in Tennessee ... especially if you're fed up with California politics!

I'm in mid-TN, about 15 minutes from the Jack Daniel's distillery ... about 60 miles from Nashville, Chattanooga and Huntsville... but have spent a bit of time in Knoxville (college and after). You'll definitely enjoy the area.

3 hours ago, innocent bystander said:

I currently live in Las Vegas. I was born in Culver City, but haven't lived in California for over 20 years now. I just am disappointed that the crap from that state is bleeding over into Nevada.

I'm afraid it's spreading everywhere.

• Like 3