DOJ rules that bump stocks ARE machineguns

9 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

In order to make it happen, they would have to have an amnesty period.  Technically, they would be post 86 but registered during an amnesty making them trannies.  

Doesn't matter, it is not going to happen. 

Maybe if we all keep calling them trannies, they will become part of the protected class.:devil:

Wouldn't the manufacturer of these stocks have a solid case in that they were given the o.k. to produce and sell these thing, and then lost their business later when the ATF crawfished on them?

i'll state that I do not give one whit about a slidefire stock, but I do not like what this represents.

Edited by gregintenn
19 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Wouldn't the manufacturer of these stocks have a solid case in that they were given the o.k. to produce and sell these thing, and then lost their business later when the ATF crawfished on them?

i'll state that I do not give one whit about a slidefire stock, but I do not like what this represents.

Again, no.  This has happened before.  Bill Akins spent years after they changed their minds trying to get something.  Instead, it bankrupted him and that's entirely on him according to them.  

6 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Again, no.  This has happened before.  Bill Akins spent years after they changed their minds trying to get something.  Instead, it bankrupted him and that's entirely on him according to them.  

Yeah...that's just wrong and should be challenged in some fashion.

Edited by gregintenn
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

No. They were probably as surprised as anyone they got approval without restrictions. Things get outlawed. I can think of a couple of other things that will probably be outlawed because of what idiot users are doing.

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I don’t either and I understand why most don’t want to fight it. A fight could end up with us not being able to buy any kind of aftermarket trigger. Screw bump stocks, they were a piece of junk that was an attempt to circumvent the law on machine guns; it didn’t work because the devil turned some semi-autos into near full auto rate of fire and killed a bunch of people.

I don’t want to be stopped from buying aftermarket triggers because some clown at the BATF was asleep at the wheel.

1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

No. They were probably as surprised as anyone they got approval without restrictions. Things get outlawed. I can think of a couple of other things that will probably be outlawed because of what idiot users are doing.

I don’t either and I understand why most don’t want to fight it. A fight could end up with us not being able to buy any kind of aftermarket trigger. Screw bump stocks, they were a piece of junk that was an attempt to circumvent the law on machine guns; it didn’t work because the devil turned some semi-autos into near full auto rate of fire and killed a bunch of people.

I don’t want to be stopped from buying aftermarket triggers because some clown at the BATF was asleep at the wheel.

I continue to be amazed that Tannerite is still available.

4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I continue to be amazed that Tannerite is still available.

:) Tannerite was #1 of what I was thinking about. It’s a great thing for targets, but when you have idiots blowing up trucks and refrigerators with it….. It’s just a matter of time; the right person hasn’t got hurt yet.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

90 days to surrender or destroy.  No mention of a buyback, because they don't care you paid for it.  

Of course they don't.  But it's important that they use this particular piece of legerdemain to eliminate bump stocks without legislation, so that they can use the same tactic for all semiautos in a future presidency.

8 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Of course they don't.  But it's important that they use this particular piece of legerdemain to eliminate bump stocks without legislation, so that they can use the same tactic for all semiautos in a future presidency.

When you use the word they, are you admitting that Trump is a Democrat?  Just curious.

16 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

When you use the word they, are you admitting that Trump is a Democrat?  Just curious.

I've noted, I believe on this very forum, that Trump was a gun-banning Democrat before he decided it would be advantageous to pretend to be a Republican.  But he actually has no genuine party or political affiliation.  He's singularly focused on self-advancement, to the exclusion of all else.  This means that he gets some things right and some things wrong, but he doesn't do anything that stems from a coherent political philosophy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
15 hours ago, DaveTN said:

How many of you are going to get nuked? I wonder if they have developed little tiny baby nukes or if they are going to take out entire cities??

They've had baby nukes for decades.

EDIT: For perspective, my secondary MOS was Nuclear Weapons Assemblyman in 1983. They were technically briefcase nukes.

Edited by SWJewellTN
33 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I've noted, I believe on this very forum, that Trump was a gun-banning Democrat before he decided it would be advantageous to pretend to be a Republican.  But he actually has no genuine party or political affiliation.  He's singularly focused on self-advancement, to the exclusion of all else.  This means that he gets some things right and some things wrong, but he doesn't do anything that stems from a coherent political philosophy.

FWIW, I really enjoy your posts and wish you would chime in more often. You have one of the more pragmatic stances on here that I've seen. Even when we don't agree 100% I like hearing your take on topics. 

Edited by Erik88
typo
9 minutes ago, sigmtnman said:

So, no new law while the item in question does not fit the strict law. Law is not updated to improve definition. Bureaucrats(at the direction and request of Donald Trump) decide it's illegal and enter it into register and turn many folks into criminals overnight.

Tyranny

I made a point of clarification in your post. But yes, everything else is correct.

Edited by Erik88