Washington police chief says he won't enforce stricter gun laws that 'infringe' on citizens' rights

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-police-chief-says-he-wont-enforce-stricter-gun-laws-that-infringe-citizens-rights

Published November 16, 2018

Loren-Culp.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Republic Police Chief Loren Culp says he wont enforce stricter gun laws passed statewide because they “infringe” on the second amendment.

A local police chief in Washington state says he won’t enforce newly passed gun regulations that he claims “infringe” on the second amendment.

Washington now has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation after new regulations were passed by nearly 60 percent of the state this month, KXLY reported.

Under initiative 1639, the age to purchase certain guns has gone up, enhanced background checks are now required to buy a semi-automatic rifle and criminal charges can be brought against any gun owner who violates the safe storage provision.

But one local law enforcement official says he won’t be the one enforcing these laws.

Republic Police Chief Loren Culp took to Facebook to tell the citizens of his city, who voted overwhelmingly against the initiative, that he has no plans to implement the rules.

“I’ve taken 3 public oaths, one in the US Army and Two as a police officer. All of them included upholding and defending the Constitution of the United States of America,” Culp wrote.

“As long as I am Chief of Police, no Republic Police Officer will infringe on a citizens right to keep and Bear Arms, PERIOD!”

Culp told KXLY that he feels the ordinance “completely flies in the face of both the U.S. and State constitution.”

In another Facebook post, the department proposed its own legislation that would stop the state and the federal government from “infringement of the right to keep and bear arms."

The Republic city clerk told KXLY that the ordinance would be presented to council members next week but Culp says he doesn’t need approval to carry out his new policy.

Edited by The Legion
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I salute him and hope he has his resume updated.

I don't know??  He's a city Police chief and the city overwhelmingly voted against it so I doubt the city council, police Commisioner or Mayor will be to fast at firing him over refusing to act on an un-Constitutional  Law after taking an oath 3 times to defend the Constitution............JMHO

17 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I don't know??  He's a city Police chief and the city overwhelmingly voted against it so I doubt the city council, police Commisioner or Mayor will be to fast at firing him over refusing to act on an un-Constitutional  Law after taking an oath 3 times to defend the Constitution............JMHO

I don’t know how they do things in Washington but the state could come down on him like a ton of bricks for not enforcing the law.

Of course any Sheriffs in any state that goes against the anti gun politicians won't get the press they deserve for defending the Constittion and 2nd Amendment. The people that elected their Sheriffs need to be commended for picking a man/woman that will uphold the oath they took to stand by and support the Constitution.

It tells the anit-gun politicians that the citizens of America has a Constitution that was written for the people by the Founding Fathers and not for the politicians to tread on like it does not exist. We need a lot more Sheriffs and and maybe some Governors should start speaking up and saying NOT IN MY STATE!!  

Maybe inventual those gun grabbers in DC will get the message that the Constitution is the LAW of THE LAND and not them and their big money people............JMHO