2018 Gun Season

WTHRajW.jpg

Not my best effort, but I haven't had time to hunt much this year. I finally got to go, and have time to make some jerky and summer sausage. This is the only deer I saw this morning. Would have preferred to got a doe, but you take what you can get sometimes.

Let's see some more deer pics. I know you guys have bagged some.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

It is just the pic. It is not that dark. 

I was asking because this year I have a dark spotted doe that showed up.  Most deer around here are a lighter brown/ tan, but I've seen some darker ones at processing places.

1202579552_Darkspotteddoe.jpg.0ea419f4afadb0ee2354ac80e2533673.jpg

I just got off the phone with Logan and is still pumped about it because he said this one is for Grandpaw so I will have deer meat in the freezer pretty soon. It is a really big deer and an 8 point is something to be proud of but he has 2 twelves and a 14 on the wall so don't know if this one will get mounted yet. Probably not. My son seldom puts anything under 10 up unless it is a non-typical rack.The 14 was Logans 1st deer when he was either 8 or 9 and I need to make a correction to original post. Logan is 12 years old. Had a birthday slip past me. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Bersaguy, that's a "goodun" for sure. Congratulations to that young man.

Thanks and I would have been proud anytime I bagged one that big. He's in for even a bigger surprise when Santa Claus come by his house this year. his father and oldest brother are going in together and get him his own first rifle. He has been using Mine, Dads and big brothers since he began hunting but after Christmas he will be using his own................:up:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I tagged out this morning. Didn't notice he was busted up till when I walked upon him. I stopped and looked at him and said something that rhymes with ham. Haaaa.

20181123_083013_resized.jpg

Still a lot of good eating!!  Must have been fighting with another deer to break them off like that...............:shrug:

1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

I tagged out this morning. Didn't notice he was busted up till when I walked upon him. I stopped and looked at him and said something that rhymes with ham. Haaaa.

20181123_083013_resized.jpg

Just think of it this way. Now you have some knife handle material. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Ive passed up several nice bucks that were 3 to 3.5 year olds. Had a 3.5 that would have easily grossed 140 inches. Had an encounter wity one of my big mature bucks but he was out of my pistol range. I only hunt with pistols. Yes it has cost me some really big bucks but I love the challenge!!! Only deer ive gotten is my 10 point velvet. Unless its a mature buck im not shooting it. Already made peace with it lol.

• Like 2

I just hope to get back in the woods. I wimped out and stayed out of the snow. Busy all weekend this week. At this point, I am not picky about size or rack. Saw those 3 does down at Yanahli and did not get a shot. Still kicking myself that I was not quicker. 

Good going to you guys that took one or more already. 

• 3 weeks later...