Leaving Michigan

Well, after the elections and the unholy trinity of ballot proposals here in SE Michigan, my wife and I are planning to move to Tennessee in hopefully 4 years. Thinking south of the Dale Hollow area. Looking for 10+ acres and freedom to hunt and shoot on my property. Area where I can put a right wing sticker on my vehicle and not have it vandalized. Is it really possible? In 4 years, will TN be hoodwinked into political slavery as well? Any good resources to offer?

Edited by Sea Beagle
1 hour ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

In 4 years if current trends continue the 10 + acres might not be affordable. 

Welcome 

YEP! There is so much to like about Tennessee and it's people that people are moving here in droves. The prices of land and homes are going to go up. But if you're some right wing radical, please stay home.

1 hour ago, Ray Z said:

YEP! There is so much to like about Tennessee and it's people that people are moving here in droves. The prices of land and homes are going to go up. But if you're some right wing radical, please stay home.

He only said “right wing sticker” not right wing radical sticker. 

In 4 years your gonna be lucky if there is any land plots or a house with that kind of land available anywhere near Dale Hollow Lake. It is like Tennessee has become a big magnet and a whole lot of people want to live here now and are coming from many other places. If Nashville keeps growing as fast as it is All of Davidson County will be skyscrapers and people will be living in condo apartments in the buildings they work in..................JMHO 

Don’t think I’m a right wing extremist. I love Jesus, my wife, guns for all legal purposes, fan of Dave Ramsey (changed our financial lives), enjoy nature, boating, motorcycles, and want to live in peace. Tired of the racism over here too. I’ve worked at the same company for 29 years and look forward to working for a good employer in TN. Checking prices in TN for a home with 10 acres and seems to be around 200k. Less than areas in Michigan. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ray Z said:

FWIW we're already seeing price increases that seem ridiculous to me. It hasn't gotten as stupid as it did in 2008-2010 but it looks like a new bubble in the making. At least for NE TN, and I'm sure it's worse in more urban areas.

Cookeville has daily traffic jams, there is a shortage of average 3 bedroom 2 bath homes under the 170s but most first time buyers I see are lucky to qualify for 100k.

New hotels, restaurants and retail popping up and being planned.

Farm land is turning into subdivisions everywhere you look in all directions. 

Now's  the time to stake a claim in the surrounding communities if you want acreage to live on in this area.

I see no end to the growth in the near future.

I just hope the growth is from people who move here to assimilate a bit, not to change the culture in a progressive direction.

3 hours ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Cookeville has daily traffic jams, there is a shortage of average 3 bedroom 2 bath homes under the 170s but most first time buyers I see are lucky to qualify for 100k.

New hotels, restaurants and retail popping up and being planned.

Farm land is turning into subdivisions everywhere you look in all directions. 

Now's  the time to stake a claim in the surrounding communities if you want acreage to live on in this area.

I see no end to the growth in the near future.

I just hope the growth is from people who move here to assimilate a bit, not to change the culture in a progressive direction.

Definitely don’t want to change the culture. Won’t be making a move unless we have cash to buy and some work lined up or if it’s gets too crazy here. 

Just heard this today. https://www.miheadlines.com/2018/11/20/detroit-city-council-committee-passes-davis-bullet-bill-resolution/amp/

We are in the next county north of Wayne and 200 feet from the county line. The Dems here have been fully emboldened and are moving to take Michigan fully to the left.  We just need some traveling money.