You just never know, Driver killed by droped concrete

RED333

Shame to happen

Driver struck by concrete tossed from Nashville highway overpass is killed

A motorist was killed Tuesday on an interstate highway in Nashville when a chuck of concrete thrown from an overpass crashed through his windshield and hit him in the face, according to a report.

Joe Shelton Jr., 54, of Pleasant View, Tennessee, was on I-24, driving past the Shelby Avenue Bridge in downtown Nashville, when he was killed around 5 a.m., according to Fox 17 Nashville. His Nissan GT-R sports car came to a stop after sideswiping a pickup truck and a guardrail, the station reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/driver-struck-by-concrete-tossed-from-nashville-highway-overpass-is-killed

1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Done by a fatherless child. Book it.

Guys, of you're gonna go out and make babies, hang around and teach "em something.

If ya can't commit to that, get a  vasectomy.

That being known, he should be held as responsible as his brat. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

That's such a horrible thing to do to someone and a horrible way to go. Stories like this have me considering term life insurance so my wife will be taken care of. You really never know what tomorrow may bring.

That and now I’ll be eyeing every overpass as I drive for the next 6 months.  

18 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

That's such a horrible thing to do to someone and a horrible way to go. Stories like this have me considering term life insurance so my wife will be taken care of. You really never know what tomorrow may bring.

Absolutely.  I carry enough so that my wife and daughter will be comfortable if anything were to happen to me.  The last thing that I want is for them to be financially stressed if something were to happen to me.

29 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Done by a fatherless child. Book it.

Guys, of you're gonna go out and make babies, hang around and teach "em something.

If ya can't commit to that, get a  vasectomy.

I drive under that bridge everyday that go to the office.  I'd bet my paycheck that you are correct.  There isn't a decent neighborhood within walking distance.

there are a lots of dirt bags in this world.   most get off because the courts don't do their jobs.  we need to bring back the chain gang.  back in the 60's i use to watch the chain gang cutting the right of way by sling blade in the hot august sun.  i knew that i did not want to break the law and end up on the chain gang.   

• Like 2
  • Moderators

Damn. I spent the night at the TA in Nashville last night. Had my daughter on the truck with me. We woke up and hopped on the 24 only to be forced right off. I guess this was why. 

As someone who lives his life on the road, this sort of thing scares the everloving crap out of me. It also fills me with a pretty unhealthy rage. 

Every couple of years some sociopath throws a heavy object off of an overpass seriously injuring or killing someone.

Can't figure out how causing such misery can be entertaining to a person.

You can see how other crimes make a slight bit of sense.

A guy robs a store, he then has some cash.

A guy steals a car, he has a ride and so on.

But vandalism and random acts of violence?

Lots of sick people out there.

Prayers to the victums family and I really hope they catch the SOB that did this. If it's some kid or kids they will talk about it and someone will tell police. If it was an adult I doubt they will catch them. I know the individual who ever it is needs to be off the streets and locked away for ever............JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
On 11/20/2018 at 6:59 PM, Erik88 said:

Term life is so cheap there's no reason NOT to have it other than being able to self-insure.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Omega said:

They released the name, apparently a 54yo guy on his way to work at the Nissan plant.  I don't know if this bridge had one or not but they need to all have tall fences installed, especially in areas like that.

https://www.scoopnashville.com/2018/11/chunk-of-concrete-likely-thrown-from-bridge-killed-man-on-i-24-tuesday-morning/

wreck-2.png?w=600&ssl=1

I noticed yesterday morning there is what appears to be about an 8 foot tall chain link fence on both sides of the bridge.  Obviously that isn't enough.

29 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

I noticed yesterday morning there is what appears to be about an 8 foot tall chain link fence on both sides of the bridge.  Obviously that isn't enough.

They need to find who did this and publicly air his execution. Better deterrent than a fence.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

They need to find who did this and publicly air his execution. Better deterrent than a fence.

I have posted it before, if J walking carried a death sentence we would not have this issue!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 10-Ring said:

Is it a straight fence or is it curved inward?  It doesn't take as much effort to toss it over a straight fence.

14 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

Term life is so cheap there's no reason NOT to have it other than being able to self-insure.

I looked into a couple of those Term Life policies like that one Alex Trebek advertises that you buy in units and they are all almost identical regardless which company to look at. I even signed up for it and bought a 5 unit package for $53.00 a month. I was looking for something that would cover my burial expenses so family was not burdened with it.

It looked good till I got the policy and in the fine print it explained that for the 1st two years the only thing the policy would pay was to refund everything the policy holder had paid in. They don't mention that when your talking to the rep on the phone about it. So if you think your covered from the first day the policy is put in effect , your not. So if say 6 months in your killed in an accident they don't pay the $5000.00 for the coverage. They send the family $354.00. I called them and told them I wanted to cancel and told them why in a not so nice way. It took me almost 2 months to get my refund.

So make sure you read fine print on any policy you might buy.

6 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I looked into a couple of those Term Life policies like that one Alex Trebek advertises that you buy in units and they are all almost identical regardless which company to look at. I even signed up for it and bought a 5 unit package for $53.00 a month. I was looking for something that would cover my burial expenses so family was not burdened with it.

It looked good till I got the policy and in the fine print it explained that for the 1st two years the only thing the policy would pay was to refund everything the policy holder had paid in. They don't mention that when your talking to the rep on the phone about it. So if you think your covered from the first day the policy is put in effect , your not. So if say 6 months in your killed in an accident they don't pay the $5000.00 for the coverage. They send the family $354.00. I called them and told them I wanted to cancel and told them why in a not so nice way. It took me almost 2 months to get my refund.

So make sure you read fine print on any policy you might buy.

In your case, maybe prepaid burial plan might be something to look at.  I'm thinking of getting one of those on top of my life insurance.

• Like 2