Did I miss black Friday??

gunwhatgun

I was just sitting here resting after a wonderful Thanksgiving and a quiet day today, scanning the pages of TGO and it hit me... I haven't come across a single post about an unbelievable deal on AR's or free mags with some purchase, or ammo deals too good to be true. That got me thinking, I don't remember seeing a black Friday commercial,  and I mean, at all, no news story about mobs at Wallyworld, nothing. Has online shopping killed it?

Except for big box store fliers and some email lists I am on, I did not see much without having to dig. I saw some online chatter about Wal-Mart being hell as always.

Though you can get a lot of the same deals online (if the site cooperates 😡)

I remember seeing a $250 AR last year, but most like PSA stuck to $300 or so. Academy offered $50 gift cards with several guns that were on sale. 

So the crazy kickoff day to Christmas shopping survives. 

I wouldn't set foot in a retail store this weekend if they paid me.  You can find deals on whatever you want throughout the year on the internet, no need to worry about whatever sales are going on now. Plus, in stores, you have to be near actual people, which chaps the hell out of the anti-social side of me ...

• Like 1

Lowe's had some pretty good deals on tools. Picked up a nice Dewalt compound miter saw for a good price and got the stand free. Actually bought it a couple days ago at full price because I wasn't sure how many they would have on hand this morning....went in today with my receipt and they price matched and gave me the difference. Gotta love Lowe's. 

If we were looking for something big or a volume of one day shopping, I would have participated.

I think my time is worth more than $20-$50 for traffic, crowds, and long lines for one off deals.

Nor did I need to procure a Turbo Man.

My curiosity is Cyber Monday ammo deals. It was way cheap Friday, how low can they go?

14 hours ago, No_0ne said:

I wouldn't set foot in a retail store this weekend if they paid me.  You can find deals on whatever you want throughout the year on the internet, no need to worry about whatever sales are going on now. Plus, in stores, you have to be near actual people, which chaps the hell out of the anti-social side of me ...

My feelings about crowds is just like yours. I avoid them at all costs and between now and Christmas I will be staying away from any crowds. Back years ago when I did my Christmas shopping after my wife passed away consisted of a 30 minute to Walmart about 11PM at the Customer service counter buying Gift cards. I quite doing that after all my children and grand children got grown.

Then when Logan came along I would go and get him a card when he was little and his parents would get him something from Grandpaw Santa. When he out grew Santa I began sending him a Money Order and he could cash it and buy what he wanted. Since he is getting his old Deer rifle this year from Santa, I will send him and Academy Gift card so he can buy maybe a gun case or some ammo.