Sig 365 ?

red dirt

Shot one magazine through a friend's BIL's brand new 365 and really liked it, thinking about buying one. They were visiting and stopped over to shoot on my range and the BIL had not even shot it yet. I had been wanting to look at one. He shot the first mag and handed it to me to shoot the next one.

I bought one back in May and really like it.  I've put around 500 rounds through it and I've not had any function issues.  The flush 10 round magazine didn't lock open a few times but I now "tuck" my right hand thumb just a little and it's never happened again.

Ive had one for a few months now and have shot maybe 500 rounds or so...maybe more.  No issues.  Mine is very difficult or stiff to rack the slide,   dont think anything is wrong with it, just a stiff slide to rack.  I was carrying a 9mm Shield  just prior to this and the 365 doesnt seem any more difficult to conceal than the shield.  I ran across a great sale price on Brownells.com on 12 round mags and bought several with free shipping.  Its become my EDC, although i cant seem to get comfortable with it as a pocket pistol, so, using a IWB strong side, 4 o'clock carry...

Edited by Defender
add more
  • Administrator

I have honestly been thinking about picking one of these up.  I'm not entirely sure what the use case is going to be for me, given that I have no problem carrying my M&P M2.0 Compact with RMR, and that I have an M&P Shield 9mm for even more discrete carry.  BUT... it has been an enticing, recurring thought none the less.

Got one a few weeks ago.  About 250 down the tube of various HP and some FMJ as well.  Only hiccups were on Speer Gold Dot +p ammo which left the chamber dirty and slide didn’t go back to battery a couple of times.  Quick cleaning and no reoccurrence of problem (possibly I didn’t do a good enough initial cleaning).   Sig HP and Federal HP just peachy from the get go.  147gr loads feel just fine recoil wise.  Don’t like the sights...tritium dots too small and not very bright. Gun also requires that the front dot cover the poi to hit properly. Some other guns I have (Kahr) were done that way and it is not my preference. Gun feels really nice in my hand and trigger is awesome. Will be EDC after changing out sights (others may be happy as is).  As an aside it fits my Winthrop OWB leather holster for Kahr just fine, but not a kydex holster I have. 

• Like 1

Only about a 150 rounds so far from one I got the end of this Summer. Definitely a wee bit to big for my pocket but I put it into a Vedder kydex IWB holster and really like that combo! The trigger is very nice and it prints decent groups. 

19 hours ago, JustEd said:

Got one a few weeks ago.  About 250 down the tube of various HP and some FMJ as well.  Only hiccups were on Speer Gold Dot +p ammo which left the chamber dirty and slide didn’t go back to battery a couple of times.  Quick cleaning and no reoccurrence of problem (possibly I didn’t do a good enough initial cleaning).   Sig HP and Federal HP just peachy from the get go.  147gr loads feel just fine recoil wise.  Don’t like the sights...tritium dots too small and not very bright. Gun also requires that the front dot cover the poi to hit properly. Some other guns I have (Kahr) were done that way and it is not my preference. Gun feels really nice in my hand and trigger is awesome. Will be EDC after changing out sights (others may be happy as is).  As an aside it fits my Winthrop OWB leather holster for Kahr just fine, but not a kydex holster I have. 

Im also not overly fond of the sights, they are bright but i dont care for them.  ...but Im not sure what I would like to put on mine.  What are your plans for that?  Ive got some fiber optics on my Performance Center Shield and I really like those.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:01 AM, Defender said:

Im also not overly fond of the sights, they are bright but i dont care for them.  ...but Im not sure what I would like to put on mine.  What are your plans for that?  Ive got some fiber optics on my Performance Center Shield and I really like those.

Haven’t decided yet.  I have a love/hate relationship with fiber optics. Will probably just look for the best tritium to my eyes.

I bought one a few weeks ago. This little pistol will hold 12+1 (12 round mag is not included but they are available)  and it's the same size as my LC9s. It shoots great! It is my new carry gun. I have shoot 200-300 rounds through it. Mostly target loads but it fired my self defense loads with no issues.  The pistol is tight. It doesn't rattle like my LC9s. The trigger is really good for a striker fired pistol. One complaint. I could use the magazine springs on my truck. Get a loader. It should come with a loader if they are going to make a magazine spring that strong but Sig doesn't like including extras for free. 

• Like 1

I bought one after the initial issues were addressed. It has been a great gun and has become my carry gun. I had over 500 rounds through it before making the switch. Only issues were a couple of fail to lock up in the first 2 mags shooting very light loads. Definitely a tight gun but no issues after a few mags, even with very light loads. Very accurate for it’s size. Bought a second one for my girlfriend for Christmas. She has about 150 rounds through it and no issues. I agree with the comment about mag springs. I leave them loaded at all times and the last round is still tight. The 12 round mags are awesome.