What would YOU pay? G19, gen 4, extras.

Steelharp

I looked at a new gen 5, at Specialty Arms in Lavergne, and it was priced 489.00 in their Thanksgiving day sale, which is a good sale.  Don't know what it would be today.  Over 500.00 for sure. That was with no extra goodies other than what came with a new gun in the box. 

Maybe with the upgraded sights and number of mags.... maybe.  Would really depend on how much value you put on the mags. Max I'd pay for the the gun and 3 mags would be $500, my LGS had a very nice Gen4 with night sights in the case this afternoon for $489

Yeah, even with the mags I am not sure I could go over $450 regardless of the magazine count. More like $400 used to be honest. I am a 3rd Gen guy who is about to bite the bullet and go 5th Gen though. I always hated the finger grooves. I will keep my several 3rd Gens though.

While I don't feel inclined to buy a new pistol, I wouldn't even think about it above $500.  On the secondary market, I'm out for deals, so the price has to entice me.  Plus, while I'm not out to screw someone, I never feel obligated to pay for the value a person adds onto the gun with after market parts when it comes resale time.  Then the add-ons are subjective in value based on the potential buyer; steel sights vs. night sights, for example.

A lot of individual gun sellers need to learn re-sale is almost always going to involve a loss of capital you sunk into the gun.  Trying for breakeven isn't conductive to a sale.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, btq96r said:

A lot of individual gun sellers need to learn re-sale is almost always going to involve a loss of capital you sunk into the gun.  Trying for breakeven isn't conductive to a sale.

You do not know how many times I want to put this into a sales ad these days.

6 hours ago, btq96r said:

While I don't feel inclined to buy a new pistol, I wouldn't even think about it above $500.  On the secondary market, I'm out for deals, so the price has to entice me.  Plus, while I'm not out to screw someone, I never feel obligated to pay for the value a person adds onto the gun with after market parts when it comes resale time.  Then the add-ons are subjective in value based on the potential buyer; steel sights vs. night sights, for example.

About a year ago, bought a Gen2 G19 at a good price, then replaced very dim sights with new AmeriGlo sights & replaced springs. Can buy a new one for less than I have in this one... but it has served well for armorer training and is my EDC.

My take, on guns still in production or still available everywhere, I try to follow the 80% rule meaning if buying used the used "asking" price has to be <80% of what I can buy it new for.   One cannot expect to get new pricing or close to it, when there is no warranty provided and there is just peace of mind of the gun ownership history when buying new, if used there is always that slight risk.  Magazines, even Glock OEMs, if one is patient can be found in the $18-$20 with free shipping from internet retailers.   The fun sticks can be found too relatively not much more in premium.  So to summarize, a new Glock Gen IV 19 can be found <$500 (Grab a gun) plus local FFL fee and the state $10 fee.  You can do the math from there.  

• Like 1