OC SOUTHWEST GATE AGENT MOCKS 5-YEAR-OLD GIRL'S NAME

Ronald_55

This is usually a story I would pass over, but it shows so much bad judgement on both sides. The gate agent was highly disrespectful and unprofessional and posts it for the world to see. The mom..what did she think people were gonna say? ABCDE, Really?

https://abc7.com/amp/travel/oc-southwest-gate-agent-mocks-5-year-old-girls-name/4784236/

A Southwest Airlines gate agent at John Wayne Airport is accused of being awful in front of a five-year old girl - and on social media - because of her unique name.

The girl's mother says the agent made fun of the name and even posted a photo of her boarding pass on social media for others to chime in.

Five-year-old Abcde Redford pronounces her name "ab-city."

You can go read the rest if you want.

My daughter, works in a mental health clinic, out of Charlotte NC, told me about one named KMNOP, pronounced Noel.  If you name your kid different, you better have thick skin, and teach your kid to do the same.  I put this squarely on the parent, though the employee should have been more discreet. 

• Like 3
  • Moderators

I’m not condoning the actions of the gate agent as they were thoughtless, indiscreet, and reflect badly upon her employer. 

But....

"She said 'Mom, why is she laughing at my name? And I said not everyone is nice and not everyone is going to be nice and it's unfortunate.'"

The real answer to this poor child’s question is “because your mother is an idiot who gave you a stupid name that is likely indicative of her poor parental decision making skills. You’ll need years of therapy and a court’s assistance to undo what she’s doing to you. Good luck kid, you’re gonna need it.”

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 8
  • Moderators
28 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m not condoning the actions of the gate agent as they were thoughtless, indiscreet, and reflect badly upon her employer. 

But....

"She said 'Mom, why is she laughing at my name? And I said not everyone is nice and not everyone is going to be nice and it's unfortunate.'"

The real answer to this poor child’s question is “because your mother is an idiot who gave you a stupid name that is likely indicative of her poor parental decision making skills. You’ll need years of therapy and a court’s assistance to undo what she’s doing to you. Good luck kid, you’re gonna need it.”

But she is in a safe space.

• Haha 1

Wow on both accounts. 

A friend's wife is a nurse in a birthing unit. She says it's pretty routine to see paperwork for babies with rather odd names. They've questioned a few and given the parents an extra day to think about whether that "unusual" name is really a good idea. Sometimes they reconsider, sometimes not. 

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

This is usually a story I would pass over, but it shows so much bad judgement on both sides. The gate agent was highly disrespectful and unprofessional and posts it for the world to see. The mom..what did she think people were gonna say? ABCDE, Really?

https://abc7.com/amp/travel/oc-southwest-gate-agent-mocks-5-year-old-girls-name/4784236/

A Southwest Airlines gate agent at John Wayne Airport is accused of being awful in front of a five-year old girl - and on social media - because of her unique name.

The girl's mother says the agent made fun of the name and even posted a photo of her boarding pass on social media for others to chime in.

Five-year-old Abcde Redford pronounces her name "ab-city."

You can go read the rest if you want.

Shouldn't it be pronounced ab-cidy?

3 hours ago, Raoul said:

Irregardless of the stupidity of the mother, anyone that would do that to a child needs a good beating.

23 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

Grammar nazi. Sorry. 😉

I was going to point that out but I am not as rude as Steelharp...😁

• Haha 4

My next to oldest brother didn't like his name even though he was named after a famous President and a famous train company so he told every one to call him Joe. His name was Dwight Lionel which was after Dwight Eisenhower and the great toy maker of trains, Lionel. He was called Joe so much that many people thought that was his real name. It made his teachers mad when they would use his real name when they called on him  in class and he didn't reply back. After a while the teachers began calling him Joe also........................:rock:

6 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

I gave up on trying to sound that one out.    Can someone help me figure how you can remotely get Noel out of those letters?   

It took me a minute but I got It. They were trying to be funny by leaving the L out. So there is no L in the name.

L should have been after the K per the alphabet.

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1