Cuddelink Cellular trail cam

Does anyone use the Cuddeback Cuddelink system? 

I just bought the cellular version. You can link up to 16 cameras together and have one “home” unit transmit the pics to email via Verizon cell plan.

It seems to be working ok right now, but the camera makes a shutter “click” sound when it takes a pic. Anyone else use these cameras?

No, but I wish they would make units that could send/connect directly to a cell phone instead of having a seperate plan.  My Samsungs can send data via wifi direct, skipping the towers, and some security cameras don't need cell service, just wifi, so a hotspot can work.  

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

This is what I have (the cell version).

Yea, I seen those, but you still need to have an account, it would be great if you could just connect them to your current account instead of paying extra.  Do you leave them out year long?

59 minutes ago, Omega said:

Yea, I seen those, but you still need to have an account, it would be great if you could just connect them to your current account instead of paying extra.  Do you leave them out year long?

I agree. I wish there was a better option. I think it will only improve as this technology becomes more common.

I just got this system. I got a “home” unit with a camera and two other “remote” cameras. I signed up for $15/mo plan. I can turn it on and off during the year without any contract. I’ll probably pay for the cell plan from about july-december.

I have a Bushnell cell camera out now since about september, and it’s so exciting to get pics of a big buck at random times. It’s added a new element of fun to our deer hunting property. My latest hunting lease is 4hrs away, so I want the cell so I can get pics more often without making the drive.

Next season I plan to get a KS lease, so a cell system will be a must.

So the remote cameras reach back to your house, or can you access the home unit from your house?  My honey hole is about 30 minutes from the house, so I can check often, but it would be nice to check movement in real time.

They claim 1/2 mile range between cameras. You can place the home unit near a parking area or somewhere within 1/2ish mile from a remote camera and check the card only at the home unit without a cell plan. All the remote cameras will daisy chain together and forward all the cams pics to the home unit. The cell version works the same way except the home unit will email the pics.

I’ve been testing them around the yard today. The concept is awesome, but it’s not perfect. The emailed pics are not exactly real time. They are sent in batches and are delayed from real time. It might take 20 mins or 3 hours for a particular pic to show up in my email.

These cameras also don’t seem as sensitive to movement as some other brands that I have used. Overall I am happy with them, but there is still room for some improvement.

The cellular Bushnell that I have in the woods now sends a pic within a few minutes, so it’s closer to real time. It’s only one camera on a plan though. 

3 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

I have a cam in my back yard down by the creek. Is there a cam that just uses WIFI? Guess I could set out a Nest cam but they are $ and need power.

Depending on the distance, and line of sight, the Blink cameras might work.  They run on batteries, and they have outdoor units. 

$149 for two.

https://blinkforhome.com/collections/outdoor-security-camera/products/blink-xt-two-camera-system