Sign in to follow this  
dawgdoc

Galen Medical Group--Chattanooga

My son's allergist merged (or was otherwise acquired) by Galen Medical Group in Chattanooga.  They have put up signs inside the offices stating that guns are not allowed on their property (8x10 paper with a gunbuster and wording to that effect).  They are not legally-compliant postings, and they use the same sign at one of their Georgia locations.  At the Georgia office, you don't actually see the sign until you are leaving, which seems dumb.

My wife had previously called the Georgia office about the sign (which was posted very recently), and then I wrote to the Galen Medical Group after I saw a sign at their Chattanooga (Gunbarrel Road) location.  I sent (what I think) is an articulate letter informing them that although they have the right to prohibit guns, it offends people like me without actually increasing the overall security.

Today, I received an actual letter in the mail from the administrator, Charles Lathram.  The summary is that they are not trying to be political or deny anyone's rights, and they implemented the policy after someone left a loaded firearm in one of their restrooms, and then it was found by an adolescent.  The kid notified a staff member, which is probably why I did not hear about it in the news.  He did not give any other details.  I guess they are acting a little gun shy now.

Based on the letter, I assume that all other Galen locations nominally prohibit guns, but I cannot be sure.  At the allergy clinic, they are not legal postings as of now, but the sentiment is clear.