Been away for a while, and spent a LOT money

RC3

Decided to get my mind off things around two month or so ago and picked up a new toy. I have a harley 883 that I never truly liked and will be selling to a friend in a few months. (Rear wheel bearing went out on the way back from nashville while I was trying to pass a semi and that was almost it). I went and got a yamaha virago for my brother, so I could have a riding buddy,  but as soon as my mom found out, she wasnt too happy and he ####ed up, so I sold the bike (but not before riding and enjoying it). Decided to stop by cool spring power sports and see what they had. (Sloans and everyone else were selling old cruiser for WAY too damn much.Wouldnt you know, they had a bike I been wanting for a few years now. Not the same exact model, but close enough. Went and got a me suzuki boulevard C50T. Man oh man, this thing is absolutely a pleasure to ride. I might upgrade the pipes, but I am enjoying how quiet and smooth this bike is versus the 883.  Let my dad take it out for a spin and he looked tiny on it.

8h1U38y.jpg

Heres my soon to be ex 883

t0Bngyg.jpg

This is the gem of a virago 750. Actually pretty cool color. Looks more seafoam green in person. Photos do NOT do the paint job justice.

4vQy67H.jpg

And my C50, in all its majesty. It and the virago combined are still thousands cheaper than the harley. Great cruiser. 2015 with 2000 miles. Price was a STEAL (Even talked them down). Eventually, I am going to try and unchrome it. Keep it maroon and black. 

On a side note, I take it back on my dad adding a windshield on his 883 years ago, it makes a pretty noticeable difference going down the highway.

It was either do something constructive or start drinking. I think I made the better choice.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Murgatroy said:

I have a `16 XL883N That is rather modified. Never been a bit of issue other than a rear brake squeal. Great bike. Sorry you didn't enjoy yours. 

It was an impulse buy. My dad is a harley guy, took the bastard eight years to let me ride his bike. So I went and bought one, but for some reason, I was missing something. So I started to look for something different. Thought about getting a fatboy, but that C50 was too good of a price to pass up. I was very surprised how smooth and great it rides. My next step after selling the 883 is to go after a M109 boss. So think of v rod, but 1800cc of pure awesome. I did eventure into the sports bike side with a bmw K1200RS, but im more of a cruiser guy.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:15 AM, Capbyrd said:

I love the color of the Virago.   Buddy just picked up a 98 Virago 1100.   I'll be helping him get it back on the road this winter. 

Yeah, Im a little sad that I let it go. It was a great bike and hauled my fat ass without issue, in fact, I got in trouble for doing 95 and not realizing it. But the overall frame was small and I felt cramped and uncomfortable. Specially in long distance. But oddly enough, that was not an issue with the 883.

• Like 1