Springfield Saint Edge

Chucktshoes

• Moderators

So I’ve become very interested in the new Springfield Saint Edge AR pistol that’s recently been brought to market. It checks all the boxes I am looking for in my next AR based gun and after looking into building one of my own, I can’t build one out of quality kit for less than the Saint Edge’s Street price.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-edge-pistol-features

While technically a pistol, the reason I’m posting here is that I’d like input from owners or folks that have shot other offerings in the Saint lineup.

How would y’all grade their levels of quality and reliability? 

Have you shot it suppressed, and what are your experiences there? 

Has anyone run one in a high round count class?

I’ve handled them and they seem pretty good, but they are still an unknown quantity to me. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • 1 month later...

I also think that thing looks awesome...and the parts are all well thought out...they could have put the bcm flash hider on it but otherwise except a sling and a red dot its g2g.  If BCM has input on these combined with Springfields resources i would think this gun would be 100% reliable.  What's the current street price i know list is pretty up there.

48 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I have messed with a rifle my buddy had. I did not feel like it was much different than my cheap built AR. I am not into a lot of high end stuff though. Just my opinion

It is quite expensive relative to an everyday build thats for sure...i do really like the adjustable gas block they put on it since its carbine length that would really come in handy....also i know some people that are more likely to rely on an AR to protect themselves such as a few of my friends in blue prefer something factory made. 

6 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

DD is more proven but they dont offer anything that commando tastic for that price.

Lol true. Approx $1500. Maybe not as flashy but solid. We run these in 300blk and sbr'd for work, tack drivers.

ddm4v7p_webimage_l.jpg

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I picked up a used 10.5” BCM upper here in the classifieds after initially posting this that brought my entry price down by a significant margin. So now I’m just building my pistol out on a lower I already had. The only thing I’m really giving up is the pinned adjustable gas block. C’est la vie. 

6 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I picked up a used 10.5” BCM upper here in the classifieds after initially posting this that brought my entry price down by a significant margin. So now I’m just building my pistol out on a lower I already had. The only thing I’m really giving up is the pinned adjustable gas block. C’est la vie. 

You still gonna use a maxim cqb pdw stock?  To me that's one of the more expensive items that really completes that setup.  If you dont wanna spend that $300-400 the other pdw stock deal is the sba3 lower parts kit PSA has for $149 delivered....but i really think the maxim is the look and length your going for.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

You still gonna use a maxim cqb pdw stock?  To me that's one of the more expensive items that really completes that setup.  If you dont wanna spend that $300-400 the other pdw stock deal is the sba3 lower parts kit PSA has for $149 delivered....but i really think the maxim is the look and length your going for.

Yep, I’m planning on using the Maxim PDW brace. The goal was always to end up with a PDW style pistol. 

2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Yep, I’m planning on using the Maxim PDW brace. The goal was always to end up with a PDW style pistol. 

Chuck...the lowest I have seen were $289ish on gunbroker cause I was really leaning towards building one around it...the only thing Im on the fence about besides the cost is that thing is a bit heavy....and im not usually a fan of anything proprietary in case the company goes out of business or just flat out quits supporting the product...but dang if it aint cool.

• 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Whelp, here’s the functional, but not quite complete build.

It’s got a Franklin Armory binary trigger on the way for it and I might swap that Holosun for an Eotech I have on a different gun. 😬

That is looking good so far! 

• Thanks 1
  • Moderators
On 1/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, Magiccarpetrides said:

Chuck...the lowest I have seen were $289ish on gunbroker cause I was really leaning towards building one around it...the only thing Im on the fence about besides the cost is that thing is a bit heavy....and im not usually a fan of anything proprietary in case the company goes out of business or just flat out quits supporting the product...but dang if it aint cool.

Now that I have it built up, the weight isn’t that bad, and it will balance quite well when I slap a can on the front end of it. I’ve gotta say this brace is better than a lot of PDW stocks that are out there. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

It’s right about 7lbs with an empty mag. I’m thinking about swapping that Protach out for a Inforce. 

That's not bad including the light and the dot...I appreciate you checking...im thinking the PLR with 9" barrel and SBA3 is gonna be under 6lbs...course it'll be the ugliest girl at the prom.

• Haha 3