Good News

owejia

Drill baby, drill!  The truth is that we did it to ourselves these past decades, with all the prohibitions against tapping into our vast oil supply.  I also never understood why we didn't raise the price on refined fuel and other exported commodities when OPEC would lower supply. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
8 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I'm enjoying the lower prices at the pump. 14.8 MPG hurts a little less at $2.00 gallon. I'd like to see $1.50 again. 

Just paid $1.93/gallon at Weigel’s a couple of hours ago.  That was down 5 cents from this morning at the same store.

8 hours ago, owejia said:

US became a net oil exporter for the first time in 75 years this week. Just think of the billions of dollars that could have been kept in the US if we had been doing this for the last 75 years.

I don't know. Thinking we've spent the last century sucking the Middle East dry of their only natural resource brings a smile to my face.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Well I'm glad they finally decided to release news of the big oil strike that soon will be released that they knew about back in the 50's and just sat on it. That is what was done with the Bakken shale discovery back in 1950. I they found that oil lake of shale in 1950 and they did the reseach on how much it would cost to get it out of the ground and because it would cost about $3.00 a barrel more to get it out of the ground than they were paying for OPEC Crude they just shelved Bakken for an emergency. The Oil embargo by OPEC in 1975 was not seen as an emergency but was seen as a way to push the Fuel Prices/Profits up so they just sat on Bakken until someone leaked Bakken to the news and the secret was out. That is how American Oil Companies have been treating the American people since at least the 1950's. The story of Bakken is easy to research on Google. I'm guessing that this good news about this latest small ocean of oil was not news to the American Oil Companies. I'm guessing they have known about it probably about as long as Bakken. That was probably why they stopped all Wildcat Oil drilling in Texas back in about 1949/50.............JMHO 

Edited by bersaguy
On 12/7/2018 at 8:14 AM, Erik88 said:

I'm enjoying the lower prices at the pump. 14.8 MPG hurts a little less at $2.00 gallon. I'd like to see $1.50 again. 

I’d rather pay 3 bucks a gallon and get the corn out of my gas than have these low prices.   

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

I’d rather pay 3 bucks a gallon and get the corn out of my gas than have these low prices.   

Why not both?  The cheaper the gas gets, the more I can afford the more expensive non-methanol gas.

8 minutes ago, Omega said:

Why not both?  The cheaper the gas gets, the more I can afford the more expensive non-methanol gas.

4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It's still insanely expensive for non ethanol gas. Not even remotely affordable for me. 

The price of non ethanol gas would drop if that’s all that the refineries were putting out.  But it’s not.  So the price is higher because the supply is smaller.  

They can't stop making unleaded fuel because there are to many cars on the highways that require it. They should be able to make 100% gas for less because they would not need to puchase all the additional additives they put in unleaded fuel. They won't because there is not a big enough demand for 100% gas so the prices will remain higher. It's just like Diesel Fuel. They know that all the big trucks and many of the industries depend on diesel fuel to operate that have not converted over to Natural gas. So even though diesel it is much easier to make and requires a lot refining to make they charge a lot more for it and it makes their bottom line look a lot better at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

They can't stop making unleaded fuel because there are to many cars on the highways that require it. They should be able to make 100% gas for less because they would not need to puchase all the additional additives they put in unleaded fuel. They won't because there is not a big enough demand for 100% gas so the prices will remain higher. It's just like Diesel Fuel. They know that all the big trucks and many of the industries depend on diesel fuel to operate that have not converted over to Natural gas. So even though diesel it is much easier to make and requires a lot refining to make they charge a lot more for it and it makes their bottom line look a lot better at the end of the day.

There is plenty of demand for 100% unleaded gas, it's just too expensive at the moment.  I bet most that have small engine equipment would buy it if it was cheaper.  But the .gov made it a law that gas would contain at least 10% renewable energy, and corn was the cheapest.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I don't know. Thinking we've spent the last century sucking the Middle East dry of their only natural resource brings a smile to my face.

Exactly.  Let's enjoy the world's supply while it's in good supply, then keep our own resources for American citizens and military needs when crunch time comes in the global supply. 

2 minutes ago, Omega said:

There is plenty of demand for 100% unleaded gas, it's just too expensive at the moment.  I bet most that have small engine equipment would buy it if it was cheaper.  But the .gov made it a law that gas would contain at least 10% renewable energy, and corn was the cheapest.

I agree probably most folks with small engines would buy it but if everyone bought it for lawn mowers and other small engines it would still not be profit effective for the oil companies to make it. Believe me I know about the 100% gas and I love it. I used it is all my bass boat outboards and even would put it in my tow vehicle I pulled the boat with and got great milage in both truck and boat. I also know the Gov.made the oll companies begin using renewable energy and yea corn was the cheapest. It helped the farmers but hurt the general public as it cut back on the miliage of about 90% of the cars on the highways were getting before it was added. 

2 hours ago, Omega said:

It's definitely not too expensive for anything with a carburetor. I only use 100% gas in my motorcycle, mowers, weedeater, etc. I wouldn't care if it was $5/gal, I will not put E10 in anything with a carb. Fixing the damage is too much aggravation. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, peejman said:

It's definitely not too expensive for anything with a carburetor. I only use 100% gas in my motorcycle, mowers, weedeater, etc. I wouldn't care if it was $5/gal, I will not put E10 in anything with a carb. Fixing the damage is too much aggravation. 

Small engines have it the worst, specially the lawn equipment that doesn't get used in wintertime. I use 100% gas in my mixed fuel equipment, and add stabil in straight gas engines.  So far my power sprayer is the only damage so a carb rebuild is in it's future.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Omega said:

Small engines have it the worst, specially the lawn equipment that doesn't get used in wintertime. I use 100% gas in my mixed fuel equipment, and add stabil in straight gas engines.  So far my power sprayer is the only damage so a carb rebuild is in it's future.

I use Stabil in everything even with using 100% gas with no ethanol. I use to use the Red Stabil and then the Marine Blue Stabil came out and I learned that it worked better in my outboards on my bass boat so now I use it in all my small motors like Lawn Mowers, weed eaters, chain saws and everything else and have for about the last 4 years. It sure makes for faster and easier start ups in the Spring when it comes time to begin using the items again. I just put it in each item in Fall and start it up and run it till it gets ran threw all the fuel system and fill the fuel tank and store them for winter. Good thing about the Marine Stabil is it is designed to work on items that have a oil gas mixture required.

• Like 1